Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 16,855 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My wife and I (and are twin daughters with a third on the way) are moving to Boston soon and were looking for some information. I will be working in the Back Bay area of Boston and will commute into Boston approximately two days a week. We have looked in Franklin, Mansfield, Canton, Wrentham, Easton and did not find anythin we loved. Our agent is from North Attleboro so we looked around there and found a house we like. It is very close to 295 and Route 1 and on a culdesac street. I am curious from any commuters who live in this area how long it takes to drive in on an average morning. I will be using the commuter rail as well but I am curious what the drive is like.

Thanks for the help and happy new year,

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 PM

8 posts, read 27,582 times
Hi Paul,

I grew up in North Attleboro and miss it a ton! I am sure you will be happy living there.

If you work in Back Bay it will take at LEAST an hour to get into work in the morning. Parking in that area is also hard to find. Tack on another 30-45 minutes if there is any kind of weather. Getting into Boston only takes about 45 minutes if it is not rush hour, but the morning/evening commutes are a pain.

I would recommend taking the commuter rail as often as you can-- there is a station in the center of Attleboro and the train stops in Back Bay (near Copley Square).

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with!

Jen

Old 01-04-2009, 04:49 PM

4 posts, read 21,240 times
Default back bay commute

Hi ,
We Live in Franklin and my husband travels quite a bit. When he is not on the road he goes into his back bay office. It is about a 45min. drive on a good day or off hours. Rush hours you should plan 1.5-2hrs.especially on a rainy day. Take the train, sit back, relax, work on your laptop or read. It is much less stressful and the commuting time is the same as adriving day with no traffic. It is also cheaper than the gas and parking.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 16,855 times
Thank you very much for the information, it is greatly appreciated. Fortunately, my company has parking in the building and will reimburse if it's full!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,414,807 times
Smile commuter rail

better off taking commuter rail from Attleboro

--jeff--
Winchester, MA

Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 AM

270 posts, read 1,360,866 times
We live in Walpole and my husband sometimes goes in during rush hour. It takes him at least 1hour and 15min. Now add another 7-10min from NA and you could look at 1hour 30min. That will get much longer if there is weather or an accident. But you could go very early and beat the traffic i.e. leave by 5.30 or so.
The train is the way to go.
Have you looked in Walpole?

Old 04-05-2009, 04:54 PM

Cool Mansfield

I would suggest Mansfield and take the commuter train
or can take it from Attleboro

DO not drive in
you'll go crazy

Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 PM

9,524 posts, read 16,507,823 times
I know the area well, I grew up in North Attleboro. I use to drive into Boston daily as commuter Rail didn't take me to where I worked. I would say 1 1/2 hours but depending on just how bad the traffic and winter weather is it can be alot more. If you must drive go in at 5:30, but even then the traffic on 95 has started to show its ugly side. Personally I would take the train from either Attleboro or Mansfield. Its just not worth the torture of driving from NA to Boston anymore. If I remember right getting parking at Mansfield was always a pain though. I don't know what its like now though. Good Luck.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 AM

Cool MBTA_Attleboro-Back Bay

There is a commuter rail line from Attleboro to Back Bay and South Station Boston

wi fi on trains now so you can sit back relax get some work done or just listen to your ipod or something
before work or catch up on sleep before the big meeting

the other good thing is for job prospects
you can do Providence or Boston Via this commuter rail line
the other end goes to Providence

so you have the best of Both worlds

You'd also be close to Driving distance for Providence and Providence place mall, and all providence has to offer like the restaurants and such
yet could take the commuter train into Boston when you wanted to do something in town

You'd also be close to TF Green airport in Providence
an international airport in RI
There will be a future commuter rail extension to the airport from the attleboro line

you would be an hour from the Cape and an hour or so from Boston

about 15-20 min from Providence

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Jeff D
Winchester, MA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts