Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:16 PM

32 posts, read 125,805 times

Advertisements

I can't speak for Medfield, but I can definitely recommend Sudbury. I lived in Acton for 11 years (just moved away) and have many, many friends who live in Sudbury. It has that great New England smallish town feel, but there are a lot of shops and things to do there as well. The Natick "Collection" would only be a 15-20 minute drive depending where in Sudbury you are looking to live. And of course, the schools are top-notch. They just remodeled the high school... it's huge and it looks really nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 05:41 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,200,201 times
Lincoln-Sudbury High is gorgeous. I drive past it to work in Sudbury from Concord everyday. I am wondering why those two totally different towns in two totally different locations? I live next door to Sudbury and although I am not as close to the Natick Mall, which I dislike, I do have two train stations in town that can wisk me off to Boston at a moments notice and have the Burlington Mall only twenty minutes away. We have Crosbys market, an old fashioned neighborhood market in
West Concord, and a Stop and Shop which are a bit less pricey than Roche Bros. and Shaw's. Sudbury doesn't have a town center like Lexington or Concord have but instead has stores spread out up and down Rt.20/Boston Post Road.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,176 times
Alright -- I'm a 21 yr old college student who grew up in Medfield (well, moved from West Roxbury at the age of 10 to Medfield) and can honestly say it's a great town.

For parents -- it seems like a dream come true.

Crime-free
Great Schools
Overall nice families
Decent class-sizes

As a kid who grew up there, I can say - overall - I enjoyed it. It's the perfect driving distance from Providence (about 30 minutes), Boston (about 25-30 minutes) and Cape Cod (about 45 min)...and only about 3 hrs to NYC!

Although there's not much to do in Medfield itself (I found myself traveling to different towns in HS to do fun stuff, or participating in "wooders" (wood parties a lot of the kids have around here), it is still a beautiful small town set in a perfect location...we've even had a little hollywood happenings around here lately (a few movies were shot here, and a lot of pro athletes live in medfield as well)

I don't know how culturally diverse you are hoping to get -- but Medfield probably wouldn't be the place if you're looking for that. I guess that's one of the downfalls -- growing up in mostly an upper-middle class, white town...diversity was few and far between.

Also -- Medfield has great sports programs AND music & theater programs.

If your kids lean towards the sporty side -- great
If your kids lean towards the musical/artistic side -- great

overall -- medfield is a beautiful place

Other town suggestions: Dover, Wellesley, Newton, Sherborn, Natick, Weston, Westwood, Needham, Brookline, Lexington

Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 AM

5 posts, read 13,045 times
Did you ever relocate to Sudbury or Medfield. Our family is planning to relocate to the Boston area this summer with 2 preteen girls and was wondering which town you picked. Any other thoughts on area - my husbands office will be in Dedham.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 PM

53 posts, read 199,274 times
We lived in Sudbury for 4 years.. the last word I would use to describe it is "snobby". Relatively upscale.. yes, snobby.. no ...the two words are not synonomous.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:39 AM

23 posts, read 39,554 times
thanks everyone for comments. i move to Medfield next month, and im very curious about this city.. especially about supermarkets, salons, food markets etc...
is there city transport or only cars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts