Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 07:52 PM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
He is from Massachusetts too!!!

That's even worse!

Old 10-19-2022, 07:54 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,731,014 times
It's so stupid how half of the Berkshires are Yankees, Giants and Knicks fans. Go live in New York state then.

Old 10-19-2022, 08:12 PM

1,038 posts, read 681,867 times
The best place in Boston to watch the Yankees is in Stamford, CT.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:05 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
It's so stupid how half of the Berkshires are Yankees, Giants and Knicks fans. Go live in New York state then.
The Lee exit on the Mass Pike is renumbered exit 10 so 10 miles from the New York line. Stockbridge is more like 5 miles from the line. There are a ton of NYC transplants and vacation home owners in that area.

A good friend of mine with a family farm right on the Connecticut River near Yankee Candle is a Yankees fan. He’s a retiree Mass DEQE engineer. His wife is a Red Sox fan. That’s normal in Western Massachusetts.

I can totally understand Giants fans. An original NFL team.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:25 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,731,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The Lee exit on the Mass Pike is renumbered exit 10 so 10 miles from the New York line. Stockbridge is more like 5 miles from the line. There are a ton of NYC transplants and vacation home owners in that area.

A good friend of mine with a family farm right on the Connecticut River near Yankee Candle is a Yankees fan. He’s a retiree Mass DEQE engineer. His wife is a Red Sox fan. That’s normal in Western Massachusetts.

I can totally understand Giants fans. An original NFL team.
Boston is closer to Lee than New York City. Still doesn't make sense.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:37 AM

12,161 posts, read 7,997,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
In this situation.. I cannot make this up.

Yankees, Raiders, Celtics, Bruins. Atleast they got two.

But here in NJ we have tons of Sox/Pats/Celtics fans. Like Bon Jovi.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:54 AM

23,540 posts, read 18,687,760 times
I have family in the Saratoga Springs area, lot of Sox fans around there.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:01 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,009,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I have family in the Saratoga Springs area, lot of Sox fans around there.
Yeah, I'm actually surprised at how many Sox fans there are in Eastern upstate NY. We have friends from Plattsburgh who grew up Sox (and Pats, Celtics, Bruins) fans and say that they made up a majority of the sports fans in the area.

Unrelated, Bleacher Bar in the Fenway is a Buffalo Bills bar during football season. As a Mass. native and Sox/Pats fan, I hate that they've claimed that as their turf since it's literally inside Fenway. The bar has understandably leaned into it (even sells Bills/Bleacher bar themed merch and has Labatt Blue specials during games). We've watched a few games there with some friends who are Bills fans and its always packed. The Greatest Bar is a NY Giants bar. I wouldn't be surprised if they also had a Yankees crowd during the playoffs.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:19 AM

24,558 posts, read 18,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Yeah, I'm actually surprised at how many Sox fans there are in Eastern upstate NY. We have friends from Plattsburgh who grew up Sox (and Pats, Celtics, Bruins) fans and say that they made up a majority of the sports fans in the area.

Unrelated, Bleacher Bar in the Fenway is a Buffalo Bills bar during football season. As a Mass. native and Sox/Pats fan, I hate that they've claimed that as their turf since it's literally inside Fenway. The bar has understandably leaned into it (even sells Bills/Bleacher bar themed merch and has Labatt Blue specials during games). We've watched a few games there with some friends who are Bills fans and its always packed. The Greatest Bar is a NY Giants bar. I wouldn't be surprised if they also had a Yankees crowd during the playoffs.
Plattsburgh makes total sense. WCAX is Burlington-Plattsburgh and used to have Red Sox over the air. I watched the Bucky Freakin’ Dent home run on WCAX.

Old 10-20-2022, 07:34 AM

12,161 posts, read 7,997,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post

Thanks, shuffled off those recs.

And yeah when I went to school in Upstate New York, if I went over to the town of Pulaski it was 40% Yankees, 30% Red Sox, 20% Mets, 10% Others

But if you go over just a bit further (North of Utica), it would be about half Sox. Albany area is about 50% Yanks, 30% Sox... but north of that you have a lot more Sox fans.

However, I would say 70% of people North of Albany and East of Syracuse follow atleast one Boston Sports team, whether that be the Sox, Pats, Bruins or Celtics. Ive seen Lakers/Pats/Yanks/Bruins, Knicks/Giants/Sox/Rangers, Sox/Pats/Knicks/Rangers.

lol... just like CT! haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts