Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,612 times

Advertisements

We're looking for a place in Cape.
We have been to orleans, welfleet, Truro & Provincetown, but it's really expensive there.
We're looking in towns like Harwich, Eastham & Brewster.
It's hard to grasp the chracteristics of each town.
what can we do other than spend time in each town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 03:14 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,627,710 times
I'm not really sure what you're asking here. How are you going to find a town you like without spending time in it? Anyway, since you're looking in the Lower and Outer Cape area you have to come to the realization that you're going to pay high dollar for any town where you're looking. It's expensive because it's true Cape Cod and away from all the hustle and bustle. If you're looking for your dollar to go further I would recommend looking at the Upper and Mid Cape.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:24 PM

68 posts, read 203,584 times
I lived on the Cape for many years. Been in Brewster, Harwich, and Dennis (most of the time). I personally like Brewster and Orleans best. I believe Dennis has the lowest taxes on the Cape (at least that is how it used to be). You might want to think in terms of 'Upper Cape', "Mid-Cape' and "Lower-Cape" to decide what area you like best. I would definitely do whatever research you can on the internet (many, if not all, towns have web pages with tons of information, pictures, calendar of events, etc.). Consider contacting a real estate broker (they can help with getting you 'relocation' information). Most important though, you really should visit the towns you are most interested in.

Oh yeah, don't forget to read the online Cape Cod Times for news and local events. For instance, Harwich usually has it's annual Cranberry festival in Sept. and Brewster has 'Brewster in Bloom' festitivties. That may sway you in one direction or another as well.

Good luck!

Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 AM

87 posts, read 360,952 times
I think where you may want to move can depend on what your seeking...are you single? A young couple? Retiring? or have a family and need a family friendly town?

Also where are you moving from? I came from NY and did a lot of research before moving here...I would be more then happy to give you skinny on Cape if you want...just not sure what your looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts