Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 07:21 PM

23,670 posts, read 18,782,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
you're making stuff up. lol..Just Because you interpret/miscontrue timberline as saying he wishes boston were the new Bronx doesn't mean he said it. We can all see exactly what he said and when he said it. He said "the Bronx is pretty cool"-subjectively, i agree with this statement.

Inaccurate. He replied to a post suggesting that Boston is the new Bronx, with he "wished" that it was. If there is another way of interpreting that, by all means enlighten me. It's pretty cut and dry to me, and should come as no surprise at all if you are familiar with this poster's history.

Quote:
Also just because you heard rumor about NYC playing the numbers game doesn't mean Boston doesnt as well (almost none of those bodies they routinely pull out of the Charles is ever thoroughly followed up on and suspiciously they're almost all rule suicides...). And it doesnt mean either city actually plays the numbers game. Stick to the fcat s so we can have an honest conversation based in reality not hearsay, stereotypes and prejudice. Thanks.

It's not "rumors", there have been well publicized reports of such. Never said other cities don't do it, nor did I conclude that NYC still isn't statistically safer than Boston. But it was the NYPD that was singled out for doing this, not anywhere else.

Last edited by massnative71; 12-13-2019 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-13-2019, 08:17 PM

6,818 posts, read 6,065,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Inaccurate. He replied to a post suggesting that Boston is the new Bronx, with he "wished" that it was. If there is another way of interpreting that, by all means enlighten me. It's pretty cut and dry to me, and should come as no surprise at all if you are familiar with this poster's history.
Inaccurate. Wror stated that “Boston is the new Bronx” in an attempt to shame Bostonians for protecting local immigrants. Timberline’s response was primarily to **** off Wror; the Bronx does a smattering of things better than Boston, but it’s not a stand-alone city and therefore isn’t worthy of a just comparison.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:22 PM

20,155 posts, read 9,055,673 times
fine to provide them sanctuary, they'll need affordable housing in the city though.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:40 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times
Quote:
Why don’t you quit disparaging places and people you know nothing about and clearly don’t want to know about.
If they did that. They would disappear.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:43 PM

17,807 posts, read 9,247,915 times
Quote:
Aright so redplum I’ve never spent time in Queens or the Bronx? That’s what you’re saying? You’re also saying if I talk to people in NYC (which of course I don’t know any) they’ll tell me it’s getting scary? You’re also telling me NYC has changed so much in 30 years..and Boston hasnt?

Nothing you’ve said has made sense-to me at least- and now it seems you’re backtracking with this “it’s not relevant” and “apples to bananas” thing, but unwilling to say so.

Why don’t you quit disparaging places and people you know nothing about and clearly don’t want to know about.

BBMM, I have no idea what you know or don't know about NYC.

That said...

If your NYC knowledge is similar to your knowledge about Providence or the mafia, then I'd guess it's virtually nonexistent despite the big game that you like to talk.

Old 12-13-2019, 08:46 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Inaccurate. Wror stated that “Boston is the new Bronx” in an attempt to shame Bostonians for protecting local immigrants. Timberline’s response was primarily to **** off Wror; the Bronx does a smattering of things better than Boston, but it’s not a stand-alone city and therefore isn’t worthy of a just comparison.
Thank you
It is tiring to try to correct people than have trouble interpreting basic English
I've spent years trying, they remain... behind
Yawn

Old 12-13-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Are you his mom?"

Old 12-14-2019, 02:43 AM

21,691 posts, read 12,836,228 times
My knowledge of providence and the Mafia is pretty solid.

I’ll boil my post there down to this: if Providence was so dangerous then it wouldn’t have only 33 shootings by December of this year; if the mafia was harder to stamp out than the Latin Kings, then the Mafia would be relevant and the Kings would be dormant. You just disagree because in your mind Providence just has to be dangerous because it’s poor and heavily minority (this is the same boogeyman attitude you carry towards the Bronx, Queens and probably immigrants). The Feds have to just be playing around with the Latin Kings because if they could stamp out the mafia it must be soo much easier to stamp out black and Latin gangs, because...they’re black and Latin. Other people have agreed with me and repped me multiple times, on both points. Why it is that you insist on acting like you posses the objective truth is beyond me.

Furthermore, no one ever said they wished Boston was the Bronx so why does that keep getting repeated here.

Old 12-14-2019, 02:46 AM

21,691 posts, read 12,836,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

It's not "rumors", there have been well publicized reports of such. Never said other cities don't do it, nor did I conclude that NYC still isn't statistically safer than Boston. But it was the NYPD that was singled out for doing this, not anywhere else.
Can you share one of these well publicized reports?

I must’ve missed it, can you quote what you interpret as wishing Boston was like the Bronx?

I’ll gladly concede on both points if the source is even somewhat reputable (out of my own interests) and the post shows Bronx-envy.

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 12-14-2019 at 02:57 AM..

Old 12-14-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Can you share one of these well publicized reports?
A few on the overall under reporting of crime stats. I remember one quite vividly on a comparison between NYC and some other city re. how they report homicides to the FBI. Basically how somebody would succumb to gunshot wounds 4 days after the fact and NYPD would report it to the FBI as a non-fatal shooting despite the suspect being charged with murder. "City B" would report it as murder should the victim die anytime during entire year. I'll keep looking for it, but that's the problem with these self reporting statistics.

https://nypost.com/2015/12/23/ray-ke...w-crime-stats/
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/n...n/07crime.html

Quote:
I must’ve missed it, can you quote what you interpret as wishing Boston was like the Bronx?

I’ll gladly concede on both points if the source is even somewhat reputable (out of my own interests) and the post shows Bronx-envy.
Are we really going to keep doing this????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
Boston is the New Bronx
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We wish. The Bronx is pretty cool, but I prefer Brooklyn.
Interpret that how you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts