Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 11:09 AM

13 posts, read 9,914 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from NJ to Burlington MA.Looking for good school district (Middle School) with affordable rent.All good school is in Lexington but rents are beyond my reach.

Looking for good Middle school near to Burlington with affordable rent. Appreciate your response.Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 12:09 PM

6,187 posts, read 5,131,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita.Prasanna View Post
I'm moving from NJ to Burlington MA.Looking for good school district (Middle School) with affordable rent.All good school is in Lexington but rents are beyond my reach.

Looking for good Middle school near to Burlington with affordable rent. Appreciate your response.Thanks.
Your best bet is Burlington itself! It's not true that "all good schools are in Lexington".

Old 12-28-2017, 01:48 PM

5,017 posts, read 3,938,139 times
Bedford, Westford, Acton.

If you desire closer proximity to Boston, you'll pay as much or more than Lexington. I'll throw Arlington and Winchester into the ring if that's the case.

https://www.niche.com/k12/search/bes...massachusetts/

Here's the dreaded list to look at. For Westford, both Blanchard and Stony Brook are great. The facility at Stony Brook is unbelievably nice, and includes a football field, baseball diamond, soccer fields, as well as a state-of-the-art auditorium. Blanchard is much older, but is in fine shape.

What else can you provide? Are you looking for a certain kind of diversity? Specific programs? Theatre? Athletics? Info on communities?

Old 12-28-2017, 02:19 PM

530 posts, read 360,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post

If you desire closer proximity to Boston, you'll pay as much or more than Lexington. I'll throw Arlington and Winchester into the ring if that's the case.

Here's the dreaded list to look at. For Westford, both Blanchard and Stony Brook are great. The facility at Stony Brook is unbelievably nice, and includes a football field, baseball diamond, soccer fields, as well as a state-of-the-art auditorium. Blanchard is much older, but is in fine shape.

What else can you provide? Are you looking for a certain kind of diversity? Specific programs? Theatre? Athletics? Info on communities?
Wholeheartedly agree to this!

Old 12-28-2017, 04:15 PM

9,897 posts, read 7,246,796 times
Quote:

The middle school in Burlington is fine. What is your budget for rent?

Old 12-28-2017, 07:06 PM

5,017 posts, read 3,938,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
The middle school in Burlington is fine. What is your budget for rent?
Agreed.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:47 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,239,568 times
Quote:
This statement is totally false. Massachusetts as a whole has the best schools in the country. The area around Burlington is home to some of the best in Massachusetts. Burlington itself has a great school system. Bedford also has great schools.

Chelmsford, Andover, Westford, Reading, Lynnfield, Wakefield, Acton, Concord/Carlisle, Lincoln are all good places to look. All have great school districts. These are all places where the majority (90%+) of high school kids go on to four year colleges. All of these places are within a 30 min drive from Burlington.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:11 AM

Thanks all for the inputs.My Rent range is $2100 and I'm checking the school rating in Great School Org.In Burlington the ratings were not that great.Near To burlington next is Lexington which is not affordable at all.

Andover I liked but the commute for 18 miles i was not comfortable with.Still learning to drive on US roads so was looking for something nearby to my office (Burlington).

Is it incorrect to check the school rating in GreatschoolOrg?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post

Westford is far off.Just want to be closer to my Daughters school as she is new to US and i'm not comfortable with driving yet

Old 02-20-2018, 09:18 AM

652 posts, read 751,994 times
Don't worry, you won't be driving more than 10 mph anywhere around Burlington during rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts