Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 04:06 AM

118 posts, read 141,214 times

Advertisements

Good morning, I currently live abroad and recently got accepted to a school in Boston. I have just under 3 years left on my GI Bill and as long as I am enrolled in 12 semester credits I will receive the full housing amount. The current rate is $3100 only while enrolled in school full time so from January-May (spring semester) I will receive three months of the full rate and two months of partial since the beginning and ending month will be half. I have been checking out old threads here and gathered information on a few cities that are quite more affordable and checked out apartments in Malden, Quincy, Medford, Salem and Weymouth with a budget of $1500 and there are quite a few options. The range is lower because i am unsure if its possible to study full time in the summer so I want to ensure I save enough money for rent when the rate wont be 100% due to taking less than 12 credits. Are there any other places worth checking out within that range? I currently walk, take the metro, walk some more, then take a bus to school so I don't mind using public transportation for 45 min-1 Hour. I've lived in the barracks and for that reason I prefer no roommates

Also,

After my Active Duty time I signed up for the Reserves and have until July 2018 until my obligation is up. Is there anyone here that is a Reservist in the area ? There are a few units I need to contact and would like some information if possible from someone who is in a unit or previously was in a unit nearby. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 06:28 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
First question is where in Boston is the school. This makes all the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts