Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 AM

46 posts, read 202,385 times

Advertisements

This one is especially for the latest residents of Ma!!! I know a few people moved from California and I just want to know how have you found the winter so far?
Also anyone from U.K how does the Boston weather compare to London, I have heard the winters are more severe in Boston, does that ring true??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,183,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
This one is especially for the latest residents of Ma!!! I know a few people moved from California and I just want to know how have you found the winter so far?
Also anyone from U.K how does the Boston weather compare to London, I have heard the winters are more severe in Boston, does that ring true??
This winter has been a roller coaster--cold then (relatively) mild. It seems to be more of an up-and-down cycle this year. Quite a bit of snow and rain, overall.

Compared to London, Boston's weather moves a bit more to the extremes: peaks hotter in the summer, bottoms out colder in the winter.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:23 AM

161 posts, read 474,735 times
Boston colder than London? Of course it is - when I left Boston 2 weeks ago the snow was a foot deep, and packed deeper in corners - on arrival in London, the Cherry trees are in full bloom, Hawthorn (May) blossom is almost over,and apple trees are in full flower.

Put briefly, Spring in London = February - April. Spring in Boston = May.

Winter in London = mid-November - end January. Winter in Boston = mid-October - April.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:05 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,095,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyalta View Post
Boston colder than London? Of course it is - when I left Boston 2 weeks ago the snow was a foot deep, and packed deeper in corners - on arrival in London, the Cherry trees are in full bloom, Hawthorn (May) blossom is almost over,and apple trees are in full flower.

Put briefly, Spring in London = February - April. Spring in Boston = May.

Winter in London = mid-November - end January. Winter in Boston = mid-October - April.
Spring in Boston = never.

Mud season in Boston = April/May and sometimes part of June

Old 03-02-2008, 08:23 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,213,176 times
I think I am one of the Ca. people you were speaking of. How have I found winter here.....LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:36 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,658,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
I think I am one of the Ca. people you were speaking of. How have I found winter here.....LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, and February is the longest shortest month.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:43 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,095,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
::sigh:: I wish I could tell you it were over, too.

But I can't.

Not by a long shot.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:05 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,040,182 times
Winter here in north east CT- the Mass border is about 20 miles up I 84 has been milder then average, little snow on the ground now- we had most of our snow this season just before Christmas- and since then 2 storms of about 4-5".

Seems like northern New England got the worst of the winter weather- in southern New England many of these storms have been rain. Of course March can be tricky......

Old 03-03-2008, 05:45 AM

19 posts, read 101,544 times
I'm originally from Austria, and during winter time we have lots of snow there. I never knew that weather in MA can be that changeable LOL. It's a constant up and down of the weather, and I hope this will be over soon. I can't wait to have spring!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:04 AM

735 posts, read 3,504,872 times
guess what people...winter isn't over- arGGGggggghhHH!

Just wait until we get blasted with 10 inches after a week of 50 degree weather- that is always fun...

London?! It is so mild there......doesn't even compare. I remember seeing someone mow their grass in February outside of London. They have a lush winter because of the effects of the gulf stream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts