Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 22,301 times

Advertisements

Wilmington d-head berated my wife and 16 year old daughter today. By the end he reduced them to tears. I doubt you'll do that when I'm in the back seat you skinny self conscious 49 year old turd. We will see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:41 AM

19 posts, read 54,384 times
Well getting an easier testing officer doesn't mean you are a bad driver. I went to taunton and everything was perfect except 3 slightly wide turns on very narrow roads that I felt were sort of impossible to be 2 way traffic to begin with. My three strikes were the turns right when I was on my way back to the parking lot to finish.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 22,048 times
any one gave a drive test in Milford??
Am too scared for the road test ..

Old 05-21-2014, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 21,729 times
Default Horrible experience in Pittsfield

I took the road test yesterday at Pittsfield, ma RMV branch. I have practiced extensively with over 100 hours driving over the course of the last 2 months.

The lady began the test in the parking lot (obviously) and she had me pull forward. I came to a forced left hand turn and stopped completely due to obstruction of view of the road. There we 3 different pick up trucks trying to make the right hand turn towards me. The first came really close to my car so i inched a little bit forward to allow the truck to get past me so i could continue. 2 pedestrians were working with a wheelbarrow roughly 30 feet down the aisle i was trying to enter. Now, I had already come to a complete stop again and the lady testing me said i had to watch out for pedestrians. I said I understand not wanting to argue, thinking she couldn't mean i did something wrong as i wasn't moving and when i inched up i had been going less then 5 mph and the pedestrians where still in between cars, and they were still 30 feet away. (Obviously you already understand where this is going). So we continue I pull out of the driveway signaling and watching my surroundings and stopping for pedestrians and giving the proper right of way. I did a perfect 3 point turn and parallel parked. I correctly parked on a hill and smoothly backed up 50 feet when asked.

At the end of the test the lady pointed to the pedestrians, now walking in a different part of the parking lot, and said I have to be careful around them. But just to really rub it in she doesn't tell me i failed at first. She continued on to tell me I can't check my right side blind spot when making a right hand turn. I explained to her that in Boston there are many many bikes roaming around and it is a requirement of city driving to check that crucially forgotten blind spot. She said i should know that there are no people or bikes there because i had just passed the spot. Then she told me it was stated in the manual. This is not true, the manual says when making a turn to be aware of your surroundings and only make turns when it is safe to do so. That means looking... It doesn't say anywhere that you can not check your right side blind spot while turning right... That would be ludicrous but i still looked it up again to be sure.

Anyway she tells me i failed asked my sponsor if she understood and got out of the car leaving a sheet of paper on my seat. On the piece of paper it said I endangered pedestrians in the parking lot and that she had to verbally stop me from hitting them, which is an auto fail, and in 4 separate sections she writes that i looked over my right should twice with question marks next to it... And then heres the kicker, the top of the sheet said that my sponsor concurs with all the reasons why i failed and that she agreed to help me learn my mistakes. I had to hold my sponsor back from trying to kill this lady because of the outrageous lies she had written and the ridiculousness of telling me not to check my blind spots... Well anyway we drove the 3 hours back to boston and that was my horror story, I got lucky and was able to schedule a test in Milford, ma next Tuesday morning, and hope to get a more reasonable tester who understands the basics of driving.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 21,628 times
Does anybody know if Taunton, MA has a good registry. I'm not asking if they are giving out licenses. I just wanna know if they are pricks like the ones in Brockton. Also, tell me if they are easy to pass as well, so I know what to expect.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:46 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
My youngest took her driving test in Taunton (based on her driving instructor's recommendation). She didn't think it was hard at all.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 31,451 times
Angry Taunton, Mass

I hope they are fair as I have an appoint in a couple of wks.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:47 PM

2 posts, read 24,579 times
How did you get a re-test so quickly? I too failed my road test today in Easthampton, MA, but not because I did anything wrong. The DOT guy had me turn down a side road with only one car parked on it on the right. He told me to pull up behind the car and parallel park, so I did what seemed logical to an experienced driver which was to pull up behind the car and park neatly parallel to the curb. Had he said that this was a test of my parallel parking skills, or that I should assume the presence of other vehicles and to parallel park between them, I would have understood. But no, he seemed to take great pleasure in failing me. My new road test is not until January 30th, which really puts me in a bind as I have already purchased a car, and need to get it registered. So if you have any hints on how to get this settled quickly, I would appreciate them

Old 12-19-2014, 11:51 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne H. View Post
How did you get a re-test so quickly? I too failed my road test today in Easthampton, MA, but not because I did anything wrong. The DOT guy had me turn down a side road with only one car parked on it on the right. He told me to pull up behind the car and parallel park, so I did what seemed logical to an experienced driver which was to pull up behind the car and park neatly parallel to the curb. Had he said that this was a test of my parallel parking skills, or that I should assume the presence of other vehicles and to parallel park between them, I would have understood. But no, he seemed to take great pleasure in failing me. My new road test is not until January 30th, which really puts me in a bind as I have already purchased a car, and need to get it registered. So if you have any hints on how to get this settled quickly, I would appreciate them
Easthampton has a horrible person who failed my husband because the sponsor re-adjusted her seat belt while my husband was starting to drive. He just screamed FAIL and that was it. The guy could not WAIT to get back to the driving school people who were next.

Turns out the secret is to go through a driving school. Try to find a place that will just give you one or two lessons and then go with you for the road test. Apparently the Registry guys get a kickback from the driving schools and money talks. Furthermore, the driving school person can set up a test really fast. There is a good driving school in Ipswich that will give you just a few lessons and then set up the test right away. She uses a certain city (Lawrence? Lowell?) and it's easy to pass.

There must be other driving schools that will do this--just a couple of lessons and then they book the test and you pass. We couldn't find any in the Easthampton area that would do it though.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:40 AM

6 posts, read 30,835 times
Braintree is really nice. But im also certain that using a driving school gives an extra boost in passing. When I took my test, the proctor made me drive to a really wide street with basically no traffic and do the 3 point turn, parallel park behind a car, nothing was behind that car, and back up. Good Luck everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts