Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 AM

60 posts, read 90,524 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the links, I 'll certainly have a look.
My plan would be to be involved in the school also, hopefully it will help to integrate faster. I'll go from working mum to stay at home mum - big change for me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 AM

121 posts, read 242,342 times
10 years old should still be elementary, no?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Arlington has many Italian American families.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malishka View Post
10 years old should still be elementary, no?
she will be 11 at the end of August, that's middle school, right?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Best schools = Westford = high taxes but nice area.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 AM

82 posts, read 207,374 times
So are you looking for a city type feel and want to be close to Boston or more of a rural feel and have some land and area to roam around? The areas you're currently looking at may seem congested to you, but if that's what you are striving for, you're all set. Unfortunately you would have a bit longer commute if you want an area with a little more land and more rural per se.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Best schools = Westford = high taxes but nice area.
WOW i checked the school rating and they are great! What about commuting to Burlington? Google says 22 minutes...is it reliable?

Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Yes, especially if you can live East of 110 and take one of the exits east of 495 and Chelmsford town center.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingeorge View Post
Winchester is sleepier and smaller than Lexington. It has cute downtown, and very beautiful homes. Big minus, in my opinion is that have no town-wide trash-pick up. That can be an issue for you coming from where you are now. If you do not mind to haul your own trash, or have to pay extra for someone else to do it for you, than it is not bad. I still like Arlington or Lexington better for you. They have better town services, which could be important to take in consideration. Lexington is especially well run and has excellent parks, swimming pools, library, etc.
well, our relocator agent told us Lexington.....with 3K budget....not going to happen
Apparently there are basically no rentals available and the market is c-r-a-z-y- right now.
She mentioned Acton, Lynnfield might be an option..

Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,240,871 times
You are not buying or did I miss something? Rentals with 2-4 bedrooms are in demand, but possible to find. I would not give up and do not be scared, some realtors love drama. I am yet to know a person who did not find what they looking for with some patience and luck. It in only now a beginning of rental season (May-September), and lot more places will be coming on in the next few months.
Check Belmont and Lincoln also, and if all else fails find more positive Agent! Be aware that unscrupulous people make lots of money on people who are moving from abroad, and are easily "played". "Scarcity" and making people freak out at prospect that their budget is "bad" and they are "not good enough" is what makes many realtors laughing all the way to the bank. $3000 is great budget, enough to find decent rental for sure. Unless your demands for space and amenities are out of this world, which is not the case, I think. This is to give you an idea of what your rental budget can "buy".

Links I am sending you, you can contact and check on your own. Good Luck! Sorry if I am assuming wrong, and you are looking to buy.

17 Ewell Avenue, Lexington MA 02421 MLS # 71505326 - Real Estate Listings - Boston.com

SabbaticalHomes - Home for Rent Lexington Massachusetts 02421 United States of America

SabbaticalHomes - Home for Rent Lexington Massachusetts 02420 United States of America

SabbaticalHomes - Home for Rent Arlington Massachusetts 02474 United States of America

SabbaticalHomes - Home for Rent Winchester Massachusetts 01890 United States of America

SabbaticalHomes - Home for Rent Lincoln Massachusetts 01773 United States of America (this is great little town)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts