Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 AM

18 posts, read 35,319 times

Advertisements

We are trying to narrow down our housing search and any help would be appreciated.

We found a great house in Westborough but my husband is really concerned about the commute on 90 to 128.

That being said, he seems to think the commute from Harvard/Bolton would be better via 2.

Also if anyone has any feedback on westborough or bolton we would appreciate that. We are a young family of 5, 3 kids under the age of 2.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,677 times
I agree with your husband. I used to do the Mass Pike/90 to Rt 128 commute years ago & saw more road rage than I care to remember. The tolls at that interchange are particularly bad.

Where in Westborough are you looking? I grew up there & my folks still live in town so would be glad to share my two cents on locations. Just an fyi, if you're on the west side of town, the town center/rotary can be a bottleneck during rush hour.

Westborough does have a lot to offer - lots of fun family activities, sports programs for kids & adults, easy access to lots of shops & restaurants, good access to the train & Mass Pike, etc. The schools are highly rated. (Just an fyi, they weren't included in the last year or two of Boston Magazine's ranking because they included just towns inside of Rt 495). Here's the ranking for 2010:
School Rankings

You can also find good info at greatschools.org & in the U.S. News & World Report rankings of the best US high schools. I seem to recall Westborough earning an honorable mention in one of those a year or so ago but I'm not 100% sure.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 AM

18 posts, read 35,319 times
We are looking at a house on Bowman street so i am not sure if that is a "good" area or not. : )
The house has been on the market for a year so that makes me wonder if there is something i don't know about it. It looks like a very nice place.

I really appreciate your response!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 AM

925 posts, read 2,742,677 times
Bowman's a fine area. Nothing fancy but nice. There's one house I know of that street that's been for sale for a year and is extremely close to the Mass Pike so plenty of highway noise.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM

160 posts, read 571,666 times
We love living in Westborough. I think traffic is a concern, without traffic you are only about a 1/2 hour away, but with traffic it could close to an hour commute. If you are thinking of towns along rte 2, you may want to try to stay east of the concord rotary for an easier commute.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 AM

4 posts, read 10,094 times
Default Holliston Commute

Holliston to Waltham is not too bad commuting home as most traffic seems to be closer to the city. I take it every day. However, I work long hours. Leave at 6-615 AM, and leave work at 6PM. The few times I have left post 7 AM have been horrible, although not bad when school is out (1hr). Typically the commute is 35-45 minutes, on a bad day 1 hour. Its doable, and able to buy a lot of house out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts