Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 05:11 PM

18 posts, read 55,261 times

Advertisements

I just accepted full time job in Sandwich, MA. Some of you may remember me posting to do some preliminary research. Well now I'm back to figure some stuff out, and quick!

I need to be up there for the beginning of July. I'm looking for a place stat. So here I am...

I am a single young male looking for a place in and close by to Sandwich (Barnstable, Mashpee, etc.) I am looking for a place that will be $1000 total, that means with utilities. I know this is obviously hard to find on the Cape. I would prefer a apartment over garage type than to one big complex.

In my ideal world I would want something with one or two bedrooms but again, I know prices are quite high on the Cape. I do require a full kitchen, I love to cook and eating out is to pricey. Again, in an ideal world I'd want something with a bit of storage space, I am an avid outdoor recreationalist and have two bikes I enjoy working on. Also in this ideal situation I would have a bit of yard. I am a proponent of sustainable/local food and absolutely love to garden. I do have two well behaved mature neutered cats but they are not necessary (I could leave them with my mom or someone).

Yes there is a lot I want for that money; but I figured I should start with the ideal and work back. I am very flexible. I am quite and responsible and will most likely be busy with work. I am looking to move in July 1st.

I love working outdoors and in my youth have landscaped. I enjoy yard work and chores and therefore would be very open to some sort of agreement for rent reduction. If someone needs help mowing, weedwhacking, in the garden, with snow, heck even taking out trash. I am very open to ideas and different situations. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times
Default How's the Cape?

Hi Steve,
I know you posted these a year ago but I was wondering if you can tell me how it's been living on the Cape? I recently interviewed for a job in Hyannis and was wondering what it's like to live there - financially and socially? I'm also a young professional, teacher in fact, so I want to know what's going on there when it's not summer. Are there a lot of young people? Fun things to do during the off-season? Affordable places to live? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!
Kelly

Old 08-14-2013, 02:35 PM

24,826 posts, read 17,582,278 times
HI Kelly

I live in Brewster and the Cape is what you make of it. OF course it is very busy in the Summer with all the tourists so that is why I think the Spring and Fall are actually better times. The weather is nice and it is less crowded. There are more young people around the Hyannis area than there is in Brewster on the Lower and the Outer Cape.
In the Summer the Cape is all about the Beach and Water but year round it is all about nature,the great outdoors, the arts, eating, and shopping. Our Winters are generally milder and about 10 degrees warmer then just 20 miles North of the bridge. I have family on the South Shore and while they are getting dumped on with 12" of snow we are just having a cloudy day.
Housing can be expensive here but it all depends on where you are coming from and what you are comparing.
If you get the job and are looking to buy a house I can reccommend a excellent broker to you.

Todd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts