Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 AM

39 posts, read 143,623 times

Advertisements

Hi

Next May I am visiting Cape Code and I will be a couple of days. I am driving from Boston and will stop in Plymouth. Then, which towns do you recommend me in Cape Code that it's woth to visit?

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 AM

428 posts, read 833,012 times
I usually go to Falmouth due to economics but it doesn't seem to be among the more interesting towns.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 AM

866 posts, read 2,630,718 times
Take the time to drive out to Provincetown, at the end of the cape.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,050,582 times
I don't think there's a town on the cape that doesn't have something to offer. Provincetown, Hyannis, Falmouth, Mashpee, Wellfleet, and Truro are all great.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,634,401 times
If you want the true Cape Cod feel I would recommend the Outer Cape like Eastham, Wellfleet, and Truro. Provincetown is a fun place if you're open to the alternative lifestyle. If you're conservative I wouldn't recommend going there.

The Lower Cape like Chatham, Orleans, and Brewster are nice and have a decent mix of the Cape Cod feel mixed in with being in a normal town setting. Brewster feels more like a regular town to me so I wouldn't put it on my list.

If you're looking for a lot of action I would recommend Hyannis, Yarmouth, or Dennis since a lot of tourists favor these areas.

I wouldn't recommend the Upper Cape since most towns don't offer a true Cape Cod feel. They are typical towns you would find on the other side of the bridge since they are more geared towards year round residents.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:36 AM

422 posts, read 1,477,022 times
P-town for sure!!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,056,281 times
Sandwich is beautiful. Lots of history and beautiful colonial architecture. Visits the glass museum or the grist mill, or just drive along through the different towns if you'd like. Although the water will still be chilly during that time, there is no shortage of beaches to choose from, if you enjoy a nice casual stroll.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:50 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,364,973 times
I just cut and pasted this from another thread that I answered: Some suggestions: Chatham. Do a Monomoy Seal Tour. Not only do you get great information about the seals but also great info about the changing topography of the Cape. While you are down there, stroll down Main Street. You can't be an al fresco lunch at the fish pier the cheapest and best ocean front restaurant in town if you are okay with dining in the rough. If picnic tables aren't you cup of tea, the Impudent Oyster or Squires are great as is Chatham Bars- CB is pricey but it's a nice splurge. Main Street in Hyannis is fun. Definitely has some hokey shops but it's touristy fun. Again, lots of dining options. For carnivores you can't beat The Brazilian Grille, Sea Street Cafe has become a new favorite for us- FABULOUS breakfasts. We also like Tugboats and The Black Cat down at the harbor. I am not sure if the artist shacks will be open at that point but it's worth a peak. We live in Sandwich and the downtown area is lovely and worth a day trip. A stop at the Glass Museum is a must. A walk through downtown to the Grist Mill and to admire in the colonial architecture and gift shops is a nice way to spend the day. Pairpoint Glass in Sagamore is a great spot to view glass blowing as is the Glass Studio on 6A Sandwich Glass Studio on Cape Cod - Michael Magyar - Watch Glassblowing. They do amazing. Their ocean balls are a very nice momento from a Cape Cod visit. The fish hatchery on 6a in Sandwich is pretty cool too. They raise trout for release into the wild. For dining, lots of choices. The Daniel Webster Inn downtown, the Dunbar Tea Room, Beth's Special Teas and the Brown Jug are all good choices. Personally I like a box lunch from Cafe Chew to enjoy down by the canal to watch the boats. Take a drive out to Sandy Neck and enjoy the views of the bay and gorgeous dunes and tidepools. On a clear day you can see over to P Town. The boardwalk is worth a visit too. There is a food trolley that parks on 6A that I have yet to try. I have never been to Nantucket. Yes, I know how bad am I. We used to vacation on the Vineyard every year and haven't been for quite some time. It's definitely more down to earth than Nantucket. But once it became a presidential playground we stopped going. Nantucket is very upscale and exclusive which isn't really my cup of tea but I do want to get over it as just from pictures it is quite obviously beautiful. Finally is PTown. I've never been there in April but it's a fun kitschy day trip. The drive there through the outer Cape is wonderful and you see the Cape in all it's natural glory. Enjoy!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:02 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,267,413 times
Take a trip down 6A from the bridge, and continue driving through the whole Cape. There is lots to see. Take a detour down to Chatham along the way while you're at it.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 PM

730 posts, read 1,315,928 times
[quote=RLCMA;23298202]If you want the true Cape Cod feel I would recommend the Outer Cape like Eastham, Wellfleet, and Truro. Provincetown is a fun place if you're open to the alternative lifestyle. If you're conservative I wouldn't recommend going there."

I'm conservative and I love P'town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts