Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,881 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently moved to the Avalon Acton (I technically live in a Westford building but it's really Acton) off of 2A in the Nagog area. I commute into Cambridge and currently take 2A straight to 2 and onto Alewife where I take the red line in. It's taking me 1 45min because of traffic in the morning. I don't know the area at all so I'm wondering if anybody has any other ways to get to Alewife station. I'm trying to find some back roads that would cut off time. It's only 20 miles and it takes me 1 20 mins to get there and the other 25 mins is the subway.

Help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 10:28 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
No back roads that I know of.
If you don't leave the Westford area by 6:30am, you're in traffic as you describe. The few times I've had to make that drive, I've gone into town (for me, Belmont/Cambridge at 6:30, arrive by seven, and go somewhere for breakfast.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:32 PM

5 posts, read 13,229 times
It might be faster sometimes to go cross-country. Across from the supermarket (used 2B Triple A - is now Donelan's?), turn left on Strawberry Hill, at the + intersection go left on Pope and down the hill and turn right on Westford (I think it is). Follow that out to Lowell Road, turn right and eventually you'll emerge in Concord center next to The Colonial Inn on the rotary. Straight through the rotary on 2A and bear right at The Antiquarian Museum. Follow that to the lights and you'll emerge eastbound on Route 2 at Crosby's Corner intersection (bottom of big hill). If nothing else, it's a prettier ride. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts