Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 09:07 PM

7 posts, read 25,728 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if somebody could offer some information about the Towson area and the area extending out beyond the beltway. I recently accepted a job in the Towson area near the Towson Town Center. I need to find a rental within a month or so and have just begun learning about the Baltimore area, so I'm looking for even the most basic info about the area and recommendations for housing.

I'm looking for a 2 bdrm rental, but it needs to be a house or 'more independent' condo (no high-rise apts, or stacked units). I currently live in a 1400 sq ft., 2 bdrm 'villa' which serves me well. It needs to have a garage (for my motocross bikes, etc.) and I prefer a nice neighborhood with minimal crime. I'm 23 and have had trouble living amongst elderly in the past, despite being a mature and respectful neighbor. I would like to have some nice restaurants/bars and nightlife in the area, but that's not top priority. I also have two dogs so open areas/yard space would be nice, but again, not top priority. Any advice for living areas within 20-30 minutes of my workplace in Towson is much appreciated!

Here's a prioritized list (highest to lowest) of what I need for living:
-pet friendly (one small dog and one at 43 lbs.)
-garage
-decent spaced units for noise control and 2 bdrm
-younger residents
-social areas (restaurants/bars)
-new/clean neighborhood

It seems like Perry Hall would be a good location. I have family up north on 95 so that would be more convenient than cockeysville area. Any thoughts on renting in Perry Hall?

Last edited by yazzildrummer8; 08-06-2009 at 09:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 11:34 PM

372 posts, read 534,301 times
PH used to be a great area 30 years ago, but I'm not too sure these days. Best to drive through and see.
Maybe contact a realtor in the area to see rental homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland