Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 02:21 AM

14 posts, read 78,380 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend the best for this area? My parents have lived in Catonsville for a long time and have always shopped at Giant. They recently moved and I am getting to move into their home which is on Rt.40 right on the line of Catonsville/Ellicott City by Patapsco St. Park.

Nearby within 15 minutes there is

Giant
Safeway
Super Fresh
Mars
Harris Teeter

I know my mom loved Giant but I think it was more the most convienent to her and then I also know she got a lot of her produce at the H Mart.

I am looking for the best in the area for selection, quality, and prices. I don't care as much for commute I know Harris Teeter is the farthest but if it is the best I will drive there.From the looks of online flyers it looks like MaRS is the best prices but limited selection? Is this true? I'm moving in the next week.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 AM

297 posts, read 1,275,936 times
I think H-mart has the best produce prices and selection (you seriously can't beat the variety), but Super Fresh has the best meat sales.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:15 AM

43 posts, read 191,715 times
It depends on when you shop at H-mart. They have pretty nice selection of meat there but it will only last a few hours on shelf. (especially if those at great deal.)
H-mart has more fishes than super fresh or giant.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:12 AM

646 posts, read 2,673,022 times
Stick with Giant,their prices can't be beat, compare.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:27 AM

35 posts, read 163,325 times
What is H-Mart? I go to Giant because the prices are good and their produce is waaayyyy better than Safeway. I live down the street from Harris Teeter, and Giant. I have down a lot of price comparisons and Harris Teeter is a lot more expensive than Giant. HT produce and meat are ridiculously priced. Harris Teeter recently cut their prices for the holiday season, but the price cut is temporary. I only go to Harris Teeter if I need something really late at night because they are open 24 hours per day. Mars' selection isn't as good as Safeway or Giant, which are comparable to each other.

I am still holding my breath for when the Wegmans in Columbia is built. It is supposed to be off of Snowden River Pkwy near Apple Ford. Wegmans is like heaven if you like grocery stores. One day, me and my love will meet again... until then, I shop at Giant.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:29 AM

297 posts, read 1,275,936 times
H-mart is Han au Reum, an Asian (primarily Korean) grocery store in the shopping center at the intersection of Rolling Road and Rt. 40. They have amazing produce and fish selections, as well as a very nice variety of Asian products. Someone else mentioned that their meat prices are good, too.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:17 AM

35 posts, read 163,325 times
Ok, I have seem that market lots of times and didn't know what it was called.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland