Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM

898 posts, read 1,402,647 times

Advertisements

Had a bag of them lately? They suck! I remember when I used to prefer their "generic" brand of potato chips because they actually tasted better than any of the competition.

They had a hot and spicy BBQ flavored potato chip... now it's gone to mimicking the rest... sweet tasting, not hot and spicy. It tastes like crap compared to the way they used to make them. What happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Does Hannaford's have a website where you can lodge that complaint? I hope so because you should let them know. If no one says anything, then they think their change is good. I've never had them myself. I eat very few chips, but when I do, I stick to Lay's or Utz.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:04 PM

898 posts, read 1,402,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Does Hannaford's have a website where you can lodge that complaint? I hope so because you should let them know. If no one says anything, then they think their change is good. I've never had them myself. I eat very few chips, but when I do, I stick to Lay's or Utz.
Yes, they do have a website, and I have already done so. They weren't very eager to respond.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,902,361 times
humpty Dumpty has also changed- their BBQ flavor is not as hot, and their Salt and Vinegar is not as sour as it used to be. (Maybe they are both saving money on spices!)

Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
Had a bag of them lately? They suck! I remember when I used to prefer their "generic" brand of potato chips because they actually tasted better than any of the competition.

They had a hot and spicy BBQ flavored potato chip... now it's gone to mimicking the rest... sweet tasting, not hot and spicy. It tastes like crap compared to the way they used to make them. What happened?
We don't like them either. I'd rather spend the extra 50 cents or a dollar and buy Cape Cod chips. Yummy!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
I agree. The Hannaford's brand of just about everything other than flour and salt is not very good.
We stopped buying Hannaford stuff about a year ago. DW kept getting mad at me as I would throw away anything, even unopened, if it was a Hannaford brand product. She finally got the hint and we only buy name brand products now. If you make bread or pizza dough be sure to especially steer clear of Hannaford's active dry yeast. As far as chips go I like Lay's Wavy chips,(in fact I'm eating some now). Grandma Utz hand cooked (in lard) chips are excellent but I'm sure the doctor wouldn't approve. And forget the BBQ type of any chip they're all the same now. Humpty Dumpty used to make good BBQ chips until they moved operations from Maine to Canada. Now they are not good. If you really want a terrible chip try Humpty Dumpty "All Dressed Up " chips. They are the absolute worst chips I have ever eaten!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:46 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,561 times
I remember a couple years ago they switched to Mesquite BBQ Potato Chips instead of BBQ... seems most companies switched.. I mentioned it to them back them and just stopped buying that flavor. Hanniford ripple chips seem to be the best. Cape Cod chips or of but not long term. Interesting how we all have our favorite for one reason or another

Old 12-08-2009, 03:57 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
I remember a couple years ago they switched to Mesquite BBQ Potato Chips instead of BBQ... seems most companies switched.. I mentioned it to them back them and just stopped buying that flavor. Hanniford ripple chips seem to be the best. Cape Cod chips or of but not long term. Interesting how we all have our favorite for one reason or another
That's why they can sell so many varieties! I like plain the best.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:20 PM

566 posts, read 1,417,942 times
The All Dressed chips are my very favorite of all chips!

Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 AM

63 posts, read 136,879 times
Hannaford's used to make a no-salt chips, but not anymore. I suppose they weren't very popular...

Ever try the Utz ripple sour cream and onion? Top notch! Cape Cod dark russets are very good as well.

I tried the Hannaford's Parmesan and something-or-other kettle chips and threw the bag out...awful.

I buy a lot of Hannaford's products, but nothing edible really. Except their deli...it's very, very good. The turkey is dry and not much like other deli turkey, and the roast beef is rare and VERY good.

Much better than that Old Neighborhood garbage they sell. Their roast beef has that rubbery glaze on it where you think you're eating sliced spam...it's really disgusting. I tried their pastrami and didn't even want to give it to my dogs...why don't they get Boar's Head? It's far better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine