Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:34 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,232,899 times

Advertisements

I am genuinely curious. Back when she was still living in Texas she posted on here (the Maine forum) all day long. This went on for like two years. Everyday. All day long. Then she finally moves to Maine, makes a few posts, then disappears. Is everything working out for her? Or does she just not have an internet connection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 07:00 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,379,799 times
She had mentioned to me (months ago) that she was busy and "resigning her membership".

Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 PM

37,444 posts, read 61,360,276 times
I hope she is okay

Old 08-06-2009, 04:13 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,537,201 times
She's great! Her DH has one full time and three part time jobs in his field. They have their first garden and E's learning to put up food.

Elcarim's will have a new travel column at Maine Nature News soon. It will cover places she's traveled, with photos, while exploring Maine. It's an open column but I suspect she'll be doing most of the writing.

Msina's correct. I'll point this thread out to El so that she knows you've asked about her.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:32 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,419,586 times
Hello everyone! After the 3rd note in the last week that you guys have been asking about me, I suppose I should make an appearance. I'm including an article I wrote for MNN a few weeks ago, as it sums up our time in Maine so far. We are completely happy here in Washington County, and things have been going very well. MW is correct...after only a few weeks of settling in, Brad now has more work than he can handle, to the point that he is having to decline requests to work extra shifts. It's sure cutting into my travel time this summer! Thanks so much for the warm thoughts!

After many years of wishing and a couple of years of planning, we left Houston, Texas and arrived in Maine when there was still snow on the ground. As the dream of a new and greatly improved lifestyle for our family began to unfold, the Maine landscape burst to life before our eyes. We were and still remain completely in awe! We've watched as the melting snow gave way to "mud season." What the heck? Where did all this come from? Mud season cleared the path for a gazillion black flies. Holy cow! Those suckers are relentless! About the same time we starting swatting at the flies, here come helicopter sized mosquitoes, and even a monsoon season this summer hasn't washed them away. Go figure. I'd always heard that Mainers are a hardy bunch of folks. Now I'm getting the whole picture!

But we've stuck it out! We've stuck around long enough (covered in layers of clothing and enough bug spray to allow our clothes to stand up by themselves) to see the trees put on tender new leaves that have now blossomed into lush foliage. Color has washed over the cliffs, hills and meadows we'd previously trudged across in snow boots. Masses of wild flowers now adorn our new home - most of them we've never had the pleasure of seeing before. Our yard is like Christmas morning every few weeks, as new growth and colors unfold. Awestruck by Maine's natural beauty........what a magical land! We've seen the eagles fly past our windows while we sat eating breakfast, foxes trotting down the sides of the highways and lazy moose grazing in ponds while we gawked at them from a safe distance. Loons serenade us daily now in the St. Croix River which runs behind our house. The deer, chipmonks, ducks and birds of all kinds come and go on a regular basis, knowing we're here, knowing we're watching, knowing they're welcome in this amazing new life of ours.

We've been so warmly welcomed by Maine and its people, friends and strangers, and for that, we are sincerely grateful!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 AM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,120 times
Aaaahhhhh. There she is. Now the forum's complete again. Nice article too. That reminds me, last week alone on the ITS trail near my house, I have seen a few dear, a fox, a beaver and just a couple days ago, a wolf. I rode past it, stopped the mule, backed it up and saw it scurry off. I thought it was a good sized dog for a moment. When I got back home, I checked 'Maine Wolf' on google images and there it was. Just as I had seen it. I was later told that others have seen them too and there may be a den close by.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,150,260 times
Now, do we know where MollySmiles is????

Old 08-06-2009, 01:27 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,814 times
Mollysmiles is doing just fine, I saw her last week.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,150,260 times
Next time you see her, tell her I said hi

Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM

27 posts, read 44,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHB View Post
Now, do we know where MollySmiles is????

YES! while I have been in "lurkdom", the seeming absence of elcarim and mollysmiles during the past months has been greatly noticed and they've both occupied a quiet, but consistent niche in my mind; hoping that they (and theirs) were doing well in all aspects ....

SUPER SUPER HAPPY to read that all appears to be ship shape with both of them...

and yes please add my voice to the chorus of those who are sending hello's to them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine