Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 7,515 times

Advertisements

Hello all! Quick introduction... I'm originally from Northern Maine and have been in the Army for the past decade. I'm about to take my 3rd trip to the desert in October and will be getting married before I go. My fiance and I have decided to get married at a small outdoor chapel in Rockport called the Vesper Hill Children's Chapel. It's a cool little place on a cliff and really does a good job of slamming all the greatness of Maine into a neat little package. Our dilema is where to have a reception. We're bouncing around the idea of renting a cottage on a chunk of land and putting up a tent or something but haven't really found anything solid yet. We're working on a budget and want to cater it ourselves and have it somewhere where the people that have never been to the great state can have a good time (alchohol WILL be involved) and walk away with a feeling that Maine is a great place to go. Any suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,518,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhafford View Post
Hello all! Quick introduction... I'm originally from Northern Maine and have been in the Army for the past decade. I'm about to take my 3rd trip to the desert in October and will be getting married before I go. My fiance and I have decided to get married at a small outdoor chapel in Rockport called the Vesper Hill Children's Chapel. It's a cool little place on a cliff and really does a good job of slamming all the greatness of Maine into a neat little package. Our dilema is where to have a reception. We're bouncing around the idea of renting a cottage on a chunk of land and putting up a tent or something but haven't really found anything solid yet. We're working on a budget and want to cater it ourselves and have it somewhere where the people that have never been to the great state can have a good time (alchohol WILL be involved) and walk away with a feeling that Maine is a great place to go. Any suggestions? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Echo Hill in the St George area is a possibility.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,803 times
the Norumbega Inn in Camden? Only a couple miles away!

Old 05-23-2009, 05:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,549,100 times
There are many lovely Inns in the Camden/Rockland area. I suggest you check out some of them via "google" - Just ask for Inns and the name of the town and I'm sure you will get plenty of information.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 7,515 times
We settled on the Snowbowl right there in Camden. Seems like a great place. Anyone have any experiences with it? Thanks!!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,892 times
The Samoset is gorgeous and very popular for wedding receptions. Just a few minutes from downtown Rockland.
Samoset Resort, Camden- Rockport Maine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine