Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:10 PM

461 posts, read 798,239 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess the consensus is groundhogs, I'll keep an eye out. No, we don't have a veggie garden, figured it would turn into a salad bar for all the animals around here.

"Their poop looks like rabbit doo, but it's a little bigger and a little darker. lol TMI.... hahahahaha "
That's funny, I told my neighbor last week that of all the things I expected to learn when I moved here, I never expected to become a "poop" expert! (BTW, turkey poop is gross). Like u said, too much information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 06:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,539,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by entyss View Post
We have close to 500 daffodils (100 bulbs planted every year we've been here). Last week-end my husband came inside holding a handful of daffodil heads - they were all over the yard. Just the heads...did someone bite them off? He thinks squirrels, my friend insists animals leave daffodils alone.
Anyone have any ideas? And how we can save what we have left?
But like I said to DH, what are you going to do when you find out? Put up a wanted poster of a squirrel with yellow lips?
I don't know about squirrels, but RABBITS do indeed bite certain flowers off right below the flower and just take a bite out of stem right below the flower.....(they also eat lots of flowers.....) I gave up on daffodils and tulips a few years ago.......RABBITS! They also chew the new leaves.....grrr!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,539,355 times
Groundhogs......have you found any good-sized holes on the property? The kinds of holes that a person (or cattle), can fall in and break an ankle (or leg).....???

Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 PM

23,597 posts, read 17,279,425 times
Default betting on squirrels

Squirrels dig up the bulbs around here.
Squirrels are garden enemy no.1
Deer and ground hogs get their share but squirrels, Grrrr........

Bunnies will bite off vegetation typically at a 45* angle and looks like it was cut with a razor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine