Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:24 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

Looks like many, many people are unhappy with FairPoint:

FairPoint’s Problems - Bangor Daily News (http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/103027.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 09:55 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Yep, Drama, I'll be working on them more tomorrow! This phone that we've finally had installed sounds so bad we can hardly talk on it because of the buzzing on the lines. The other night, during the rain and wind (the first day it was actually connected) we lost service altogether. If this continues and can't be corrected to our satisfaction, we'll be turning it off and going back to plan B and adding a 3rd cell line to keep at the house for emergencies.
You have no excuses, El. I've offered to bulldoze them into fixing your service, and I've told you to come borrow my phone, bring your laptop (we have wireless) whatever. You're a mile away! You could walk over!
Bring your Nordic Walking Sticks.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:00 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times
What? Somebody expects phone service while it's raining? You ought to hear my Fax line when it's raining. I don't feel it's important enough to complain about with thousands of Mainers lacking basic dial-up service. My wires will dry out and then I will get free trip offers for cruises to Cancun again.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
Casper, if a phone call from YOU would kick Fairpoint in the a** and get them moving you could make a boatload of money. Unfortunately, regardless of the phone calls, 350,000 last month, Fairpoint is NOT getting the job done. A phone call simply will NOT solve this, even a "bulldoze"ing one! If it would/could, El would have had phone service on March 2, when she first set foot into the house and discovered that the service she set up in February was not there. And believe me, when it comes to being forceful El needs no back up there. We all could take lessons from HER! She *doesn't* need them for internet, she *has* internet--I think we've said that more times than we can count in explaining this situation. What she lacks is a landline. *I* am the one with spotty internet from them, and that should be remedied on Friday when Time Warner will arrive with equipment in hand to switch over the phone and internet!! WOO HOO!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
After only ONE phone call yesterday, a tech is on his way here now. He just called to let us know.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 AM

Oh, I finally got those pics uploaded that I couldn't do at your house the other night. I'll send you the link...........IF you can stay online with Fairpoint today! If not, you can come here. We're just hanging out today.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 AM

So, Fairpoint has determined what our problem is. Apparently, it's the woodpecker's fault. To be more specific, it is the fault of the woodpecker who lives at the Methodist church in town. They have corrected the problem and are headed back to "the office" to plug a "coil" back in and call us when we're reconnected. I'm totally clueless, but we'll see this afternoon!

I do believe I'm going to send that woodpecker a very harshly worded memo!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:16 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,549,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The snow and ice are not entirely gone yet, no woodpeckers are outside to be seen.
Where are they? Other than the Methodist church in Calais I mean.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:16 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,171,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
So, Fairpoint has determined what our problem is. Apparently, it's the woodpecker's fault. To be more specific, it is the fault of the woodpecker who lives at the Methodist church in town. They have corrected the problem and are headed back to "the office" to plug a "coil" back in and call us when we're reconnected. I'm totally clueless, but we'll see this afternoon!

I do believe I'm going to send that woodpecker a very harshly worded memo!

And at this juncture, I'd like to "officially" welcome you to the wonderful world of Maine .

I'm glad Fairpoint has figured out your issue!

Old 04-06-2009, 12:41 PM

467 posts, read 1,125,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
And at this juncture, I'd like to "officially" welcome you to the wonderful world of Maine .

I'm glad Fairpoint has figured out your issue!
Yes, but I would hold out to find if they could pinpoint it to either a hairy, downy or pileated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine