Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:10 AM

6,632 posts, read 13,575,163 times

Advertisements

It was -8* when I got up this morning. The snow expected at midnight is just now starting to fall. What will you do today? Are you cooking Sunday dinner? What will you eat?

Steve's going into the office for a few hours today. I think I'll make some maple oatmeal cookies. The kitchen could use some heat from the oven today. Supper will probably be homemade pizza. I still haven't finished the seed orders so I'll work on that, sort through a half bushel basket of seeds, write a letter or two and probably play Uno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 06:29 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,940,621 times
I need to schlepp out to Sullivan and take some pictures of some tools that a guy wants to buy. After that, I will sift through more accumulated stuff in my study and pitch a lot of it into very large plastic bags for the transfer station.

My wife and I will watch the early football game, and I might get fired up enough to go outside and fire up the barbecue to do some chops for dinner.

I will also heavily debate whether or not I really want to put on the plow again, and spend most of the day trying to convince myself that this snow will not amount to much, and I needn't bother. In the end, if it continues into the mid afternoon, cursing all the way, I will go out and mount the plow and plow the roads.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 AM

2,726 posts, read 6,437,395 times
Plow, snowblow, shovel. Come inside get a dry pair of gloves, then plow, snowblow and shovel until 12:00, go back in and eat, go back out and plow, snowblow and shovel.........etc.....etc....

Old 01-11-2009, 06:33 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,125,541 times
Let's see.... I've got chili to make that's going out to one of Amy's friends' dorm room... they're all getting together for the afternoon. DH is at work Michael is all ready at work... Jake is having a friend over later. I want to finish changing my bedroom around. I haven't done any baking in almost a week .... a fact that I'm constantly being reminded of, so I should make something... what I *really* want to do is sit in the chair by the fireplace and read! Oh, I do have a date for after supper--Star Wars Monopoly with Jake! Now I heard on channel 2 (WLBZ) they changed our forecast! I haven't checked that with anything else.... but did the storm track change? I hope not! Oh, I'll have to go get Katy later and bring her home too.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:48 AM

6,632 posts, read 13,575,163 times
Just a few inches for us now, Molly.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,532,692 times
Nothing to plow or shovel here and we are in the 20's.. going to watch season 2 of Jericho n dvd with my friend.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:51 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,791,514 times
thinking I should make some bread.......

Old 01-11-2009, 07:01 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,346,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
It was -8* when I got up this morning. The snow expected at midnight is just now starting to fall. What will you do today? Are you cooking Sunday dinner? What will you eat?

Steve's going into the office for a few hours today. I think I'll make some maple oatmeal cookies. The kitchen could use some heat from the oven today. Supper will probably be homemade pizza. I still haven't finished the seed orders so I'll work on that, sort through a half bushel basket of seeds, write a letter or two and probably play Uno.
I don't have alot of things planned.. nothing but laundry, and starin' into my oldest daughters room and thinking~ how come her dresser "exploses and mine doesn't?"
I got some tax numbers to crunch. I might do that later.
Anyone else doing anything "fun".

Old 01-11-2009, 07:08 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,901,211 times
Break out the heat gun and strip paint from the woodwork some more. The probly emulate 7th day. Stinkin ol snow! Hopefully get enuf for some insulation.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:11 AM

473 posts, read 716,144 times
hubby was up and out the door at 4:30 this morning to take the oldest to work- she really hates driving in snow and someone has to make the donuts. bonus for me, i got to sleep in (yeah!)
i'll do a little cleaning around the house and then make some donuts or something for the boys when they get done plowing after the snow is done and then i'll go watch football.
hubby said the forecast did change- its only supposed to be a couple inches now instead of 8. o well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine