Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 02:08 AM

81 posts, read 290,119 times

Advertisements

What is the hourly/annual pay for certified nursing assistants in the state of maine?
What areas offers the better job opportunities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 06:44 AM

443 posts, read 2,137,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missylyn View Post
What is the hourly/annual pay for certified nursing assistants in the state of maine?
What areas offers the better job opportunities?

Missylyn,

I am in the health care industry and Maine does not pay well compared to other states. As a CNA you can earn 8-10 hr in the Portland area and a little less as you head north.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,939,743 times
I think there are a couple of different issues here. A simple question about pay scales for CNA's will get only one simple answer, but the issue is a bit more complicated. My recent experience in dealing with the ill health of my parents and their care in and out of the hospital showed me that CNAs can have a very important position providing care in the home for the elderly, either working for a home health care agency or independently.

Working for a home health care agency the pay rates can be as high as $10 per hour WITH terrific family health care benefits. Working independently, private pay rates can run up to $15 per hour depending on the situation and the person needing the care. I used both situations for my parents. I was exceedingly lucky to be able to put together the health care team that I had.

If you have any training in hospice you will probably find great demand for your skill, and if you show up without fail, you will have plenty of work. If you wish only to work in a hospital, then I think you will find jobs to be scarce as most hospitals I am told, want only LPNs and RN jobs are less sought after especially in those hospitals that have adopted the use of hospitalists instead of outside physicians rotating in and out of the facility.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:27 PM

81 posts, read 290,119 times
thanks, for taking the time of giving me good advice about the employment opportunities in ya'lls area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine