Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:03 AM

6,635 posts, read 13,584,974 times

Advertisements

Dad baited the hooks with chicken gizzards yesterday afternoon and toss in the line. Once in a while I'd look up from picking beans to see him heading to the pond to see if he'd caught the turtle. Nothing.

I think it's on the line this morning and I can't reel it in. It won't budge. When I pulled on it a lot of bubbles came to the surface. That's the turtle, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 06:11 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,132,543 times
hmmm..... unless Nessie has a cousin.....

So how are you going to get him in? AND when you get him in what are you going to do? Figures this would happen today when I'm on my way to Augusta!! Can I get cell updates?

Old 08-22-2008, 06:56 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,348,044 times
Wink news that affects you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
hmmm..... unless Nessie has a cousin.....

So how are you going to get him in? AND when you get him in what are you going to do? Figures this would happen today when I'm on my way to Augusta!! Can I get cell updates?
I was thinkin' Nessie too.

Sounds like someone is going to be hopping into the pond this morning for an early swim.

I can call you too Molly for the Sunrise County Update
(with news anchor Peachie~of~Maine and on the scene reporter Maine Writer with the lastest updates of happenings.

Maybe will get live action photo's direct from the Mysteries Pond.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,132,543 times
lol!! that's funny!!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:36 AM

I'll be around for a bit longer. I'm organizing my area here so I'm writing and working at the same time.
So I'll call if something happens.. hehe

Old 08-22-2008, 07:44 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,452,770 times
Hey, just put two 12 year old boys on the task.....they'll figure out how to haul that sucker out - either that, or they'll just blow it up with firecrackers!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:49 AM

I didn't get it. The hooks aren't going to work as well as we'd hoped so I'll get some of the tackle boxes out and find something else to try. I was hoping the turtle could really bite onto the bait but it can't. I'll have to make jam and pickles this morning instead of amusing myself with a turtle.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Hey, just put two 12 year old boys on the task.....they'll figure out how to haul that sucker out - either that, or they'll just blow it up with firecrackers!!!
eekkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I didn't get it. The hooks aren't going to work as well as we'd hoped so I'll get some of the tackle boxes out and find something else to try. I was hoping the turtle could really bite onto the bait but it can't. I'll have to make jam and pickles this morning instead of amusing myself with a turtle.
Thank you Maine Writer... keep us posted as news happens.
Now... the weather. ..
Sunny skies, with tempertures up in the
"possible perspire index".
Expect a gorgous few hours before possible snow storm that will last 1.5 seconds then back to clear skies.

Tune into your local area news for the extended forecast.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
If I thought they wouldn't get hurt I'd turn some of T's friends loose. Fourteen, 15 and 16 year olds might me able to get it! The banks are steep and it gets deep instantly.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:01 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,214,933 times
ok MW this is what you need to do turtles are attracted to shiney objects in the water.
so take your line and put on a shiney lure put your bait on 4or 5 feet up the line put on a bober not a small one use a larg one.then throw it in if you come back later and the bober is under then you got something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine