Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2007, 09:22 AM

11 posts, read 33,705 times

Advertisements

I am currently in last stages of getting a job and moving to Maine. I have two options. One is to work in Cumberland County Jail in Portland , and second one is to work in Maine State prison in Warren. I personaly like low key life not to much noise. some decent place to raise family. My long time girlfriend is a pre school teacher and where are better chances for her to get a job? Will i be able to actually own a home/ house on our salaries? What can i expect for the property tax? i know that income tax is very high. How much is the difference between car insurance rates between mass and Maine? Also what kind of medical care can i expect? Are they any menatl health facilities arround the Warren area?
If anyone can give me some impoot it would be greatly appreciated
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 18,633 times
i know a guy that works at supermax in warren i'll try to put him in touch with you

Old 01-19-2007, 06:43 PM

3 posts, read 15,906 times
Hi,
I'm from Southern Maine. If you decide to take the job in Portland, you may want to look into a buying a home in Standish. They have the cheapest property tax rates.
I'm not sure what you can afford down there, but you can check on
www.mainemoves.com (broken link) to see different housing prices.

Also, your gf may want to look into a job at Catherine Morrill Day Nursery. I know they pay very well, and have a good insurance package.
Here is all the information
Catherine Morrill Day Nursery
96 Danforth St
Portland, ME
Phone: (207) 874-1115
And their website
http://www.catherinemorrill.org/

Best of luck.
Jaime

Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 PM

11 posts, read 33,705 times
Thank you for the informations. I have been doing lot of research about Cumberland County. I have found out that Buxtom.Gorham Windham and Stanish areas are very reasonable and not to far for commute to Portland.Also there are lots of Psychiatric facilities to do some extra work. i have degree in Human Services and Mental Health and i have been working it the field for 8 years. I also have a Criminal Justice degree and that is why i am going in Corrections. I am getting some imput about Cumberland County from My Girlfriends family since they spend 7 months in Windham every year. I am a bit more interested in Mid Coast Warren , i have looked up lots of informations and it seems that some of the cities in 10 mile radius of Warren are not that bad.Again all will depends on starting pay and girlfriends aprooval. LOl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine