Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 03:16 PM

222 posts, read 529,886 times

Advertisements

Hey all-
Need to get a difficult and painful tooth extracted-does anyone know of a good oral surgeon in the Machias/Ellsworth/Bangor greater area? Or even a great dentist-haven't been here long enough to establish this important contact yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 03:23 PM

278 posts, read 700,009 times
Northeast Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates PA
37 Bower Street

Bangor, ME

Phone: (207) 945-5691

ask for Dr. Grubb (seriously) he's very good

Old 05-27-2008, 02:37 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
What about children and family denist. Looking for a good family denist that hasn't gotten to the point where he hates his clients? Anything in Bangor??? Affordable too? Can those two things go together?
( Sorry MM,I'm looking for someone too.)
Thanks
Tami~peachie

Old 05-27-2008, 02:43 PM

278 posts, read 700,009 times
try this: Penobscot Community Health Center

Old 05-27-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
Thank you.

Tami~peachie

Old 05-28-2008, 06:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labamba View Post
Northeast Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates PA
37 Bower Street

Bangor, ME

Phone: (207) 945-5691

ask for Dr. Grubb (seriously) he's very good

that's my vote too Both Amy and Katy had to have extractions as part of their ortho care. Amy had four back teeth done, and Katy had to have seven removed. Katy's was tricky....she had a tooth lying sideways in her gum under her bottom front teeth, and her mouth is tiny (big voice, little mouth!) so there just wasn't room. So she had the tricky extraction, but Amy unfortunately developed the "dry socket" thing. Everyone in the office was wonderful beyond words. They had Amy come back in as soon as we could get there, and were so wonderful with Katy who had soooo much work done. DH's mom also just had a couple of extractions there, and she loved them as well.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
that's my vote too Both Amy and Katy had to have extractions as part of their ortho care. Amy had four back teeth done, and Katy had to have seven removed. Katy's was tricky....she had a tooth lying sideways in her gum under her bottom front teeth, and her mouth is tiny (big voice, little mouth!) so there just wasn't room. So she had the tricky extraction, but Amy unfortunately developed the "dry socket" thing. Everyone in the office was wonderful beyond words. They had Amy come back in as soon as we could get there, and were so wonderful with Katy who had soooo much work done. DH's mom also just had a couple of extractions there, and she loved them as well.
Who's your regular denist?

I had braces when I was a teen, and my mom took me to Dr. MacDonalds office in Canada. I didn't have insurance that would cover braces so she had found him to be affordable.
But, I'm just in need of a denist for us all. I can tell you more about that ... when we all met for lunch on Tuesday.

Tami~peachie

Old 05-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Default Dentist

Well, after MUCH trial and tribulation and about 100 phone calls I found a wonderful dentist who would see me in an emergency and who performed the challenging extraction. Dr. Cummings of Hancock Dental in Ellsworth. New office, (he was a dentist was in Bangor for 10 years before Ellsworth). Dr. Grub's office gave me his name to call since they won't see any patients that are not referred to them from a regular dentist. He is still accepting patients and had an energetic personality. DH and I will be back for other (less traumatic) procedures. Right now I have to recover from this one...where are those pain killers...

Old 05-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMathTCHER View Post
Well, after MUCH trial and tribulation and about 100 phone calls I found a wonderful dentist who would see me in an emergency and who performed the challenging extraction. Dr. Cummings of Hancock Dental in Ellsworth. New office, (he was a dentist was in Bangor for 10 years before Ellsworth). Dr. Grub's office gave me his name to call since they won't see any patients that are not referred to them from a regular dentist. He is still accepting patients and had an energetic personality. DH and I will be back for other (less traumatic) procedures. Right now I have to recover from this one...where are those pain killers...
Oh.. sounds great!! Glad that worked out for you.

A drive over to Ellsworth would be okay too. Could you post or dm me the number to his office.
Thank you!!

Tami~peachie

Old 05-29-2008, 09:50 PM

Default Dentist

Here is his website: Welcome to Hancock Dental~We make you smile! (http://www.hancocksmiles.com/staff.htm - broken link)

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: