Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 05:15 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,436,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algo View Post
In Massachusetts, the turnaround time is four to six days.

Not necessarily. My wife and I got same day results 2 weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 07:19 AM

846 posts, read 1,021,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffler View Post
My wife and I needed to buy a home in Maine. We have another thread at this forum which documents the problems we initially encountered when we began our search back on June 5th. There wasn't anywhere to stay and we ended up staying with friends in another part of Maine. However, about midway through Knox county as you enter Camden, resturants and hotels opened if you followed strict PPE requirements. And, we confirmed that real estate was considered an essential business. So, we were successful but it was a trying time. We are being extremely conservative when it comes to this virus thing (My wife is a microbiologist). We are, however, finally closing on the 31st (fingers crossed).
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new home!

Old 07-19-2020, 03:39 PM

337 posts, read 430,203 times
We can not wait, believe me. We'll be there on the 31st. In two days I'll have my car's reregisterd, our residence changed so we can vote, and our new drivers licenses issued. I'm already "friends" with the town secretary, Kathy, and know where the recycling/dump center is.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:58 AM

12,477 posts, read 9,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffler View Post
My wife and I needed to buy a home in Maine. We have another thread at this forum which documents the problems we initially encountered when we began our search back on June 5th. There wasn't anywhere to stay and we ended up staying with friends in another part of Maine. However, about midway through Knox county as you enter Camden, resturants and hotels opened if you followed strict PPE requirements. And, we confirmed that real estate was considered an essential business. So, we were successful but it was a trying time. We are being extremely conservative when it comes to this virus thing (My wife is a microbiologist). We are, however, finally closing on the 31st (fingers crossed).
Almost there! Persistence has paid off - nice! What town did you wind up finding the place for you in?

Old 07-21-2020, 11:50 AM

337 posts, read 430,203 times
Searsmont. We didn't know how lucky we were finding the precise location. It's about 45 mins further North than we had hoped but we're not complaining now. We're less than 15 mins from Belfast, 15-18 mins from Lincolnville and it's beach, minutes from Camden, 25 mins from Rockport/Rockland, 40 mins from Owl's Head Museum and only 1hr 20 mins from Acadia. We are stoked to have so much within a comfortable drive. Even Portland, Brunswick, Freeport, etc. are within easy reach. Yet, we are remote enough to not hear any traffic or see any neighbors. 2 acres of forest around our house with only 1/3 acre to mow. Big "S" driveway so you can't see the house from the road, either. We are truly blessed to have located it and it wasn't sold. It was on the market for 23 days. We were looking at houses on the market for upwards of 600 days! Ugh.

And....drumroll.......we just got our final approval. The PODS have been scheduled for August 3rd. We'll be sleeing there on Friday night, July 31st, the floor on our camping pads but that'll be fine! You all are the first to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine