Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 04:21 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,978 times

Advertisements

I think our Governor just put the final nail in the coffin of any decent restaurant in Maine, hope you all like Burger King and Pizza, because that's all that will be left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 05:37 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,567,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
Stage 2 (June): Tentatively beginning June 1st, Stage 2 contemplates revising the limitation on gatherings from less than 10 people to less than 50 people. It also calls for people who can work from home to continue to do so but allows for employees in certain fields to begin to reenter the office as needed, including State employees. It maintains the 14 day quarantine for all people entering or returning to Maine and the special precautions for older Mainers and others at risk of COVID-19. With appropriate safety precautions, Stage 2 would allow for some degree of opening with reservations, capacity limits, and other measures
FNolan, I know what quarantine means, but does it at least allow for someone returning to Maine to pick up groceries from curbside? I've had someone from back there tell me I'm not even allowed to go outside of my house.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:41 PM

503 posts, read 1,026,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Your population should not make a big difference when these statistics are 'per-capita'.
If you have only 100 people per square mile you have less infection, if you have 10s of thousands like a major city per square mile your infection/death rate will be higher, simple common sense.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
FNolan, I know what quarantine means, but does it at least allow for someone returning to Maine to pick up groceries from curbside? I've had someone from back there tell me I'm not even allowed to go outside of my house.
This was a direct quote from News Center Maine, it says if you leave the state and return you must quarantine for 14 days, I don't get the problem understanding it ? Returning to Maine to pickup curbside ? Why not shop closer to home in your own state if not from Maine ? From back there ? Where's back there ? You can leave your home as long as you follow social distancing, guess I don't understand what you're saying.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:43 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,567,974 times
Quote:
This was a direct quote from News Center Maine, it says if you leave the state and return you must quarantine for 14 days, I don't get the problem understanding it ? Returning to Maine to pickup curbside ? Why not shop closer to home in your own state if not from Maine ? From back there ? Where's back there ? You can leave your home as long as you follow social distancing, guess I don't understand what you're saying.
Sorry! What I am saying is, I DO have a home in Maine and I need to come home from another state, but I live by myself in a rural area. I will need to get groceries, but obviously I'm not going to go shopping inside the grocery store. So, if you are under quarantine can you at least go get groceries if you use curbside pickup? Someone told me that I cannot even go outside my door for 14 days when I get back to Maine.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:48 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,547,807 times
Thank you. Time to change plans.

Quote:
Stage 2 (June): Tentatively beginning June 1st, Stage 2 contemplates revising the limitation on gatherings from less than 10 people to less than 50 people. It also calls for people who can work from home to continue to do so but allows for employees in certain fields to begin to reenter the office as needed, including State employees. It maintains the 14 day quarantine for all people entering or returning to Maine and the special precautions for older Mainers and others at risk of COVID-19. With appropriate safety precautions, Stage 2 would allow for some degree of opening with reservations, capacity limits, and other measures

Old 04-28-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Sorry! What I am saying is, I DO have a home in Maine and I need to come home from another state, but I live by myself in a rural area. I will need to get groceries, but obviously I'm not going to go shopping inside the grocery store. So, if you are under quarantine can you at least go get groceries if you use curbside pickup? Someone told me that I cannot even go outside my door for 14 days when I get back to Maine.
Most places will do curbside, I'm not sure about the 14 day quarantine if you can leave your home or not. This is just an assumption on my part but you should be able to get groceries, you can't be expected to go 2 weeks without food. If you know anyone in the area in Maine you live in see if they can find out if any organizations are offering a service to pickup and deliver your food for you.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Thank you. Time to change plans.
Your welcome

Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,547,807 times
Quote:
You're supposed to shelter in place for 14 days so you'll need to bring groceries with you. You can go out to your yard but don't be near anyone you're not quarantined with in your home. Is there a neighbor who would bring you anything you run out of and can't do without?

I live in a tiny rural town and see how four families on my road handled their quarantine period in summer homes/camps. One family of five was up and down the road several times a day starting the day after they arrived from GA. They tried to stop to talk but I refused. They probably think I'm a B because I said we'd chat in a couple of weeks. Two couples brought everything they need and parked their out-of-state vehicles in the garage and behind the house so they wouldn't worry anyone. They've been here four and five weeks (I think...) One family of four is back and forth from MA most weekends. They didn't go out the first month but I've noticed them back and forth several times in a few days. I think they're going to the store to park and use wifi. I don't know if any of this is useful but it might give you an idea of how it's being handled in my tiny neighborhood.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:00 AM

217 posts, read 200,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I think our Governor just put the final nail in the coffin of any decent restaurant in Maine, hope you all like Burger King and Pizza, because that's all that will be left.
Agree and the lack of tourism will finish off most everything else. Elections have consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine