Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 PM

37,476 posts, read 61,444,537 times

Advertisements

Maine appears to have 31 people with this disease. World wide over 12 thousand cases have been reported.

I just learned of it this evening.

Tumours of coloured fibers or filaments begin growing underneath your skin. Or they begin growing from your skin sticking out. It feels like bugs crawling on you.

Doctors had been diagnosing it as a psychiatric illness with the presumption of a purely delusional “parasite infestation” except that the fibers are real.

White, blue, red, and black are common among described fiber colors

Clinical examination under a microscope shows the fibers to give off an ultraviolet light generated fluorescence.

Once removed to a petridish the fibers continue to grow.

Morgellons

And this disease appears to be linked to GMO foods.

The genes of the fibrous tumours are identical to the trans-whatever genes used in labs to transfer chromosomes into plants.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:06 PM

259 posts, read 704,282 times
That is very creepy. It really makes you wonder about things like autism and autoimmune and what the contributing factors could be. I have never heard of this before though, its so bizarre....

Old 04-12-2008, 04:20 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,936,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emu742 View Post
That is very creepy. It really makes you wonder about things like autism and autoimmune and what the contributing factors could be. I have never heard of this before though, its so bizarre....
I have been reading a little bit lately that autism is now suspected to be linked to post traumatic stress disorder.

In this culture of "all children left behind", what with two family incomes and the constant pressure on the so-called "middle class" to one up the Joneses, the stress on little ones is terrific. When I taught in the inner city, we were counseled to be very careful in observing the effects of family and extra-family excesses on our students, and this was especially so of those then in elementary school.

I believe that we have come a long way down the road to poisoning our culture and our people.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:29 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,248,321 times
That's some X-Files type of stuff. Creepy!

Old 04-12-2008, 10:52 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,722,598 times
I saw a special on it. It looks real, and frightening.

Quote:
The genes of the fibrous tumours are identical to the trans-whatever genes used in labs to transfer chromosomes into plants.
there is a plant in the ocean that turns into a fish.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:23 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,110,742 times
I remember reading an article about this awhile ago. Can't recall where exactly, but I did just find this one

Bizarre Morgellons: Real or imagined? - More health news - MSNBC.com

Old 04-12-2008, 06:14 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,494,276 times
There's a kid in my neighborhood who dies his hair red, white, and blue every summer. I thought it was for the 4th of July, but could be wrong. Some of the young girls prefer orange or purple - or, orange and purple. These look more like "fibers" than hair.

Then there's the issue of body lice. Who, nowadays, would admit to having such a thing? But it gives me a creepy crawly feeling just thinking about it. A bottle of A-300 might help the situation.

As for GMO foods, I guess you could blame anything on those. Why not? Every leftist liberal environmentalist whacko does. Why should somebody with multi-colored hair be any different? Makes you wonder what they look like under blue lights. Probably I'm just too old, crotchety and over-worked to worry about what people with too much time on their hands, worry about!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 PM

37,476 posts, read 61,444,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
There's a kid in my neighborhood who dies his hair red, white, and blue every summer. I thought it was for the 4th of July, but could be wrong. Some of the young girls prefer orange or purple - or, orange and purple. These look more like "fibers" than hair.

Then there's the issue of body lice. Who, nowadays, would admit to having such a thing? But it gives me a creepy crawly feeling just thinking about it. A bottle of A-300 might help the situation.

As for GMO foods, I guess you could blame anything on those. Why not? Every leftist liberal environmentalist whacko does. Why should somebody with multi-colored hair be any different? Makes you wonder what they look like under blue lights. Probably I'm just too old, crotchety and over-worked to worry about what people with too much time on their hands, worry about!
Multi-coloured Polyester fibers growing underneath your skin, breaking through in painful lesions with DNA that is not of human origin: is akin to kids dying their hair?

Or related to lice?

I was not aware of lice that grow polyester fibers under your skin, thanks I will have to look that up.

People have died from this, so perhaps it is just folks with too much time on their hands.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,549,405 times
I think this is the first time I've been called a leftist liberal environmentalist whacko. Is there some sort of celebration in order now? Do I get a pin or a t-shirt? I know! It's a special handshake! Quick! One of you leftist liberal environmentalist whacko's show me the handshake please! I feel special now.

No, I haven't been drinking . I've had fun today visiting my oldest daughter, pricing the parts of the next greenhouse, planning the location for the irrigation pond and thinking about the tractor I finally agreed to buy. That stuff makes growing old fashioned non-gmo food a lot easier.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM

444 posts, read 929,407 times
Aren't genetically modified organisms being used to produce the building blocks of fibers from the starch in corn (after the starch is broken down into glucose)? This really is scary. I had never heard of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine