Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:04 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times

Advertisements

When you have a lifetime sporting license and are over 70 years old you don't have to buy all the extra licenses except those selected by drawing like moose permits and any deer permits. You still need to enter those drawings.

That said, you can hunt turkeys, night hunt coyotes, muzzle loading, pheasant and spring turkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 07:28 PM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,389,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
FOPA (firearm owners protection act) protects you there if you follow it to the letter and get through the un-free states ASAP. Some LEO's in those states will ignore it but if they do, get a good lawyer and hammer them with civil rights lawsuits. Hopefully we get CC reciprocity soon.

If it doesnt make congress just wait until trump nominates a justice or two, then you will see it sent through the supreme court.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:53 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,835,246 times
A One Million Armed Man March on Washington DC with Trump in power and hopefully a new pro-freedom/pro-2A SC justice will help resolve all the CCW reciprocity issues. They can prosecute one of us, but one million of us? Heck, even 10,000 of us? The states are going to have to go put itself into deep debt to fund that venture.

BTW, Congrats my fellow citizens in Maine! Freedom is beautiful thing, isn't it?

Most people won't realize my City Data User Name "RotseCherut" actually means (I Want Freedom), in Hebrew, my ancestral tongue.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:19 AM

846 posts, read 1,021,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
FOPA (firearm owners protection act) protects you there if you follow it to the letter and get through the un-free states ASAP. Some LEO's in those states will ignore it but if they do, get a good lawyer and hammer them with civil rights lawsuits. Hopefully we get CC reciprocity soon.
I am aware of that, thanks for pointing it out. I agree with Army guy- I don't want to sit in a jail cell awaiting the chance to prove I'm right. I believe I would prevail, however I am not prepared to fight them. Any arrests and I could possibly loose my pension, not worth it.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:02 AM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiluver View Post
I am aware of that, thanks for pointing it out. I agree with Army guy- I don't want to sit in a jail cell awaiting the chance to prove I'm right. I believe I would prevail, however I am not prepared to fight them. Any arrests and I could possibly loose my pension, not worth it.
Our nation remains as having the world's highest incarceration rate, above all other nations.

I wonder how many people are sitting in US prisons knowing that they did not wrong.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:02 AM

Many more than we'd care to admit.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:01 AM

23,569 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiluver View Post
I have concealed carry in NC, retired from a law enforcement agency, combat vet and cannot transport guns up here through NY, CT, or Taxachusetts. Things that make you wonder. I might have to fly up with some, you are allowed to do that.
How do you go thru NJ?

Old 01-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,389,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
How do you go thru NJ?

You can go around all the states but new york if coming from outside the northeast. Nj can be circumvented through PA, MA by NH and VT, but new york blocks it all.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:05 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times
You don't need to go through NJ, but NY goes from Canada to the Atlantic Ocean. To get to New England by surface transportation you must go through New York State. Car, train or bus; it makes no difference. You go through NY and that comes at serious personal risk. Going to a new job? Your future employer will take a dim view of your incarceration, no matter the reason.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:13 PM

So either pay someone with a FFL and mail em, or fly up with one or two at a time unless that idiot in Florida the other day changed all that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine