Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 07:52 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,302,610 times

Advertisements

Love this daily fishing in this Glorious Weather!

Please share your fishing events.

We have been going to Lewy Lake, Mettebemps lake, and Grand falls flowage the most. This fishing is great and totally love the relaxing time.

Small mouth bass, Land locked Salmon have been wonderful in Lewy Lake. The white perch run hasn't started yet- but we are waiting. And the fish are delicious ! ( maybe should start a thread on fish recipes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 08:05 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,698,673 times
Salmon just after ice-out taste great and they are hungry. The newly oxygenated water makes them energetic. If you are unfamiliar with them, get a few weeping willow spoons and some Swedish pimple **** in silver or gold colors. They may seem like funny names, but they work.

Hmm. The site doesn't like the name of a metal lure that is usually abruptly raised and allowed to flutter down.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Salmon just after ice-out taste great and they are hungry. The newly oxygenated water makes them energetic. If you are unfamiliar with them, get a few weeping willow spoons and some Swedish pimple **** in silver or gold colors. They may seem like funny names, but they work.
Trying to figure out why censored post... Do you have a picture of it?

Old 05-09-2015, 11:23 AM

1,594 posts, read 4,099,325 times
I'm curious, too, altho I think I know what he's referring to. Try posting the name with asterisks b*e*t*w*e*e*n the letters.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:03 PM

j*i*g or j*i*g*s

A fishing lure you yank, jerk or twitch horizontally or vertically.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:28 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,203,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
j*i*g or j*i*g*s

A fishing lure you yank, jerk or twitch horizontally or vertically.
Yeah, that's an old fashioned racial slur that I hadn't heard in 40 years lol.

Old 05-09-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
Yeah, that's an old fashioned racial slur that I hadn't heard in 40 years lol.
I am well over 50 and never heard in that fashion. Though I have heard it used as a form of Irish dance

Old 05-10-2015, 07:30 AM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,390,235 times
If i may ask, hows the mercury levels up in mid/northern maine, is it high, or low?

Old 05-10-2015, 07:38 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,203,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhelm View Post
If i may ask, hows the mercury levels up in mid/northern maine, is it high, or low?
Depends on the river. The Maine fishing regulation book contains a listing of how many fish you can eat out specific waters. PCB's are also a problem in certain areas, like watersheds that go through where the old Loring Air Force base was located.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:40 AM

Mercury levels in fresh water fish are perfectly safe. Some tuna has been found to have slightly elevated levels. Tuna travel great distances and I don't know where they go. Our other salt water fish are OK.

There was a furor over imagined dioxin problems several years ago. Then they showed that dioxin is natural and it is formed when old trees die and decay in the forest. Old trees that die a natural death are a good thing according to environmentalists so dioxin was no longer an issue. When is the last time you have seen an environmental organization issue an alert on dioxin?

People in Maine live longer than people in other states. Look at our obituaries and you'll frequently see people over 100 and many in their 90s. They ate locally grown food, local fish and fowl all their lives. One problem is that we are now able to measure parts per trillion of anything you want to measure. It's like the ozone hole over the North Pole. They sent a U-2 from Bangor to the North Pole and measured ozone. After one flight they issued a press release that the "ozone hole was bigger than ever before". Of course after one measurement there was no data for "before" and the newspapers just printed the article without ever asking such questions as "how much bigger? How big was it last year? How low did it used to be?

Last edited by Northern Maine Land Man; 05-10-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine