Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 10:49 AM

93 posts, read 180,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
So, if I were of a faith that believed that abortion was murder, I would have to let my restaurant be used for an abortion recruiting convention?
If the owner were smart they would gladly take the bucks. If your stupid, you would refuse and economically commit suicide. Didn't Jesus say "render unto Caesar what is his"? Doesn't the bible proclaim murder as a sin? Yet you pay taxes to the gov that allows abortion thru its laws? Where is your protest against the gov by withholding your taxes? Surely Jesus weeps at your lack of actions to back up your words.

I will take seriously your defense of biblical faith when I see your actions. Let us know if you plan to file your taxes this year or not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 10:49 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,916,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I've highlighted the parts that I am having trouble understanding.

What does it mean to "participate" in a wedding? I understand bride and groom (or bride/bride and groom/groom) and a minister/priest/rabbi/etc. (for religious weddings) and a best man/maid of honor/witnesses/guests, etc. But is the person who cleans the church, or the postal worker who delivers the wedding invitations, or the newspaper that printed a wedding announcement, participating in a wedding? Or are they simply doing their damned jobs?

Is the shop that sells wedding rings participating in a wedding? Is the shop that rents tuxedos or sells wedding dresses participating in a wedding?

How about the factory that makes the tux? The miner supplying the gold for the rings?

What about the the people who built the factories that made the products traditionally used in weddings?

How far removed from the actual wedding can someone be and still claim with a straight face that his religion has been "violated" because two gays want to legally get married, and would like to exchange rings or enjoy a damn pizza?

And why is there so much hate in this country, in the name of - and perhaps encouraged by - religion?

And, of course, by your last word, you really mean "Christianity", I am assuming.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
And, of course, by your last word, you really mean "Christianity", I am assuming.
If he didn't mean it I sure do...

Old 04-04-2015, 11:25 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,454,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
That's the trouble with assuming.

We have many religions in this country. Christianity, in all its flavors, is the most prevalent. If for no other reason than probability, more refusal-of-service based on religious reasons comes from Christians. But it's not just Christians, so no, I didn't "really mean" Christianity, or I would have said so. I deliberately used the word "religion" to be more inclusive.

But I'm curious. By your question, do you really see "Christianity" when you see the word "religion"?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:25 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,204,764 times
"Religion is the opium of the people: this saying of Marx is the cornerstone of the entire ideology of Marxism about religion. All modern religions and churches, all and of every kind of religious organizations are always considered by Marxism as the organs of bourgeois reaction, used for the protection of the exploitation and the stupefaction of the working class." (Lenin)

And thus it is with the secular-progressives of today. See, it isn't that they hate Christianity... they hate ALL religion. It is beneath them and only exercised by the stupid and ignorant. And, of course, secular-progressives aren't stupid, hence their rabid opposition to anything or anyone religious. That's why they can't answer simple questions that question their belief system. It is because, if you don't think like them, you MUST (by definition) be stupid. "Don't bother me with logic, just submit to my overwhelming intellect" is the perspective of a secular-progressive.

So why are Christians and Christianity so often the targets of these great thinkers? Well, because 80% of Americans consider themselves Christian. Because Christians are in the substantial majority, they are seen as those responsible for the "exploitation and the stupefaction of the working class" by secular-progressives. So don't be surprised when the liberal media or Maine's little cadre of secular-progressives jump into these threads. They are here to educate you dumb Christians.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
"Religion is the opium of the people: this saying of Marx is the cornerstone of the entire ideology of Marxism about religion. All modern religions and churches, all and of every kind of religious organizations are always considered by Marxism as the organs of bourgeois reaction, used for the protection of the exploitation and the stupefaction of the working class." (Lenin)

And thus it is with the secular-progressives of today. See, it isn't that they hate Christianity... they hate ALL religion. It is beneath them and only exercised by the stupid and ignorant. And, of course, secular-progressives aren't stupid, hence their rabid opposition to anything or anyone religious. That's why they can't answer simple questions that question their belief system. It is because, if you don't think like them, you MUST (by definition) be stupid. "Don't bother me with logic, just submit to my overwhelming intellect" is the perspective of a secular-progressive.

So why are Christians and Christianity so often the targets of these great thinkers? Well, because 80% of Americans consider themselves Christian. Because Christians are in the substantial majority, they are seen as those responsible for the "exploitation and the stupefaction of the working class" by secular-progressives. So don't be surprised when the liberal media or Maine's little cadre of secular-progressives jump into these threads. They are here to educate you dumb Christians.
Maybe the reason and dislike of christianity or other religions is the lack of ANY EVIDENCE to prove religious assertions. Blind allegiance to the interpretation of what ever leader you follow as to what a deity may have uttered.

If "the plan of salvation" is so important, then why are there different messages and methods on how to achieve it. hey god, jesus, or what ever it is, how about an An Unambiguous Message to your people.

Would it be too much to ask for Accurate Prophecies in Sacred Texts? whats the current count on things prophesied by the bible that came to pass....NONE

Hows this for a simple request...Accurate Science in Religious Texts. The bible claims that there is nothing new under the sun, but the mention of electricity or the cure for cancer is conveniently left out.

Which one of all the current religions is The One Successful Religion? where is the benchmark to gauge the frauds from the real region?

Chew on this whilst you chew on your roasted pork...which brings up the burning question....WHY PORK ON JESUS HOLIDAYS? Did Jesus enjoy and endorse ham?

Old 04-04-2015, 09:47 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,304,025 times
ohhh Good heavens.. its a pizza... and one does not have to attend anything they do not want too for any number of their reasons...

Old 04-06-2015, 08:24 AM

1,453 posts, read 2,206,963 times
Good grief. This pendulum is swinging out of control!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:50 AM

506 posts, read 684,979 times
I wonder if "God" wanted us to pave over and destroy his creation (Earth)? We're sure doing that pretty well.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:01 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
So is "We reserve the right to refuse service" now illegal in this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine