Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 PM

16,752 posts, read 15,792,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Tornadoes are very rare in Maine. Something to consider these days.
That's a good observation. Earthquakes too are rare and do little damage. Hurricanes have been in Maine but rarely cause any newsworthy damage. All of these things make Maine attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 02:06 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,419,551 times
@ OutDoorNut,...Shauna714 posted 3 1/2 years ago. I doubt the poster is still following the thread.
@ onewonders,... sorry you're unhappy,.. don't let the screen door hit ya

Old 05-25-2011, 02:44 PM

400 posts, read 796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
@ OutDoorNut,...Shauna714 posted 3 1/2 years ago. I doubt the poster is still following the thread.
ROTFLMAO
I didn't even notice that until your post... Shauna, are you out there?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,732,008 times
onewonders why so many people move to Maine?? Beat me to ths sceen door comment msina!

Old 05-25-2011, 04:05 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,909,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewonders View Post
I now live in Maine and have for the past 5 years out of 7, before moving to Maine I lived in Ohio for about 9 years. I will say Maine has alot of pretty scenery especially during the summer, But the winters here are long and very cold. The jobs are far and few in between and most pay minimum wage. The rents are higher here compared to Ohio, the same items in the stores cost more here in Maine compared to Ohio. I will be moving back to Ohio at the end of this year. Life there outside the bigger cities is wonderful. The people are friendlier there than Mainers, the food cost less and taste better in Ohio, the hospitals are better in Ohio. So are the schools. I was born and raised in NJ and have lived in 4 states and 3 countries and traveled to 13 of our states and Ohio was by far the best at least for me.

YouTube - ‪Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust'‬‏

Old 05-25-2011, 04:31 PM

6,639 posts, read 13,599,265 times
THIS is what I was talking about in the Pet Peeves thread.

I'm wondering why you didn't do your homework before you got here. If you didn't know Maine has long, cold winters, the job situation, rent prices or the cost of living in general you should be embarrassed, not wondering. The rest is opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewonders View Post
I now live in Maine and have for the past 5 years out of 7, before moving to Maine I lived in Ohio for about 9 years. I will say Maine has alot of pretty scenery especially during the summer, But the winters here are long and very cold. The jobs are far and few in between and most pay minimum wage. The rents are higher here compared to Ohio, the same items in the stores cost more here in Maine compared to Ohio. I will be moving back to Ohio at the end of this year. Life there outside the bigger cities is wonderful. The people are friendlier there than Mainers, the food cost less and taste better in Ohio, the hospitals are better in Ohio. So are the schools. I was born and raised in NJ and have lived in 4 states and 3 countries and traveled to 13 of our states and Ohio was by far the best at least for me.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,909,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
THIS is what I was talking about in the Pet Peeves thread.

I'm wondering why you didn't do your homework before you got here. If you didn't know Maine has long, cold winters, the job situation, rent prices or the cost of living in general you should be embarrassed, not wondering. The rest is opinion.
Great point, MW!

Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,211,296 times
Maine is the best place in the country to live and work... if you have a job. So I'd advise you to go whereever you find a job.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:12 AM

192 posts, read 395,502 times
I have lived and worked in Ohio my entire life. Ohio much like Maine has been devistated by the loss of manufacturing. I have visited Maine many times, and still plan to move there someday, but timing is everything. The weather in Ohio is horrid (for me) in the summer. The Columbus area is now just one big suburb with huge pockets of crime. The economy in both states are not looking up anytime soon so I doubt many peeps have extra cash for piano lessons let alone a piano. Hell I bet some Mainers may have chopped their's up for firewood this past winter?????? That being said I never like to be a downer of someones dreams so if you have some savings pull the cord and head to Maine.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:01 AM

7,085 posts, read 8,991,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Shauna714 posted 3 1/2 years ago.
There is some troll out there who gets off on joining city-data under a new name each time and making their only post on a long dead thread from years ago, bumping the thread with some inflammatory comment. This is not the first time this has happened here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine