Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 13,242 times

Advertisements

I'm doing some research on Bath, Maine and would like to hear from anyone who has recently (within last five years) moved to Bath. In particular I'd like to know why you chose Bath, where you moved from, whether you purchased a home or are renting (and possibly planning to buy/build a home), what your basic income range is, occupation, size of your family etc. I'm not looking for specific details or personal info other than that which will give me a sense of how you and Bath got linked up. And, are you happy living in Bath? Thanks in advance for whatever you are willing to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 05:16 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,831,996 times
We relocated to Bath in July 2005 from Virginia Beach due to a job offer. My husband is an engineer and works in Brunswick and after commuting 45 mins. one way in Va. Beach we wanted to live a short distance from his work. The real estate market was still a sellers market when we got here and Bath offered the most bang for our housing buck. We also looked in Brunswick and Topsham, but there wasn't much available in the low $200k and their property taxes are higher, so we purchased a home in Bath. Some of the locals in surrounding towns look down on Bath as being less desirable, but in my experience this seems to be due to some sketchy activities in the 70's. There are others who do not wish to live near BIW. I am not sure why as many of the employees do not live in Bath and the only noise we experience is between 3:30-3:40 p.m. when 1st shift heads home. We like being able to walk to the waterfront park, stores,library, restaurants, etc. and the "Heritage Days" in July. The city as a whole seems to be going through a revitalization with many homes being renovated.
All that being said, our house is for sale as we are relocating out of state, but not because we do not like Bath. I think it is a quaint, quiet city with lots to offer and it is just a short drive to Popham Beach.
There are 3 of us plus a dog.
Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine