Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 02:04 PM

222 posts, read 529,820 times

Advertisements

What a glorious place to live-we got 18 inches+ of snow and two days off from work to enjoy the cold and crisp beauty. Snow days make you feel like you are 10 again, waking up early to listen to the school cancelation list over hot chocolate and then finding out you have a free day!!! Then you put on your layers and go out and throw some snowballs at your significant other as he shovels snow. I tell you I never had in so good in Austin and Los Angeles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 02:05 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
Wasn't it a great snow!! we have 21" and I'm just tickled pink!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:17 PM

264 posts, read 397,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMathTCHER View Post
What a glorious place to live-we got 18 inches+ of snow and two days off from work to enjoy the cold and crisp beauty. Snow days make you feel like you are 10 again, waking up early to listen to the school cancelation list over hot chocolate and then finding out you have a free day!!! Then you put on your layers and go out and throw some snowballs at your significant other as he shovels snow. I tell you I never had in so good in Austin and Los Angeles!
Wait until you have to make up the days in June. Hope there aren't more than they build into the calendar.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:37 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Amazing how some folks will insist on twisting anything into a negative.

I do think that it looks wonderful.

Our mail lady got stuck in the snow bank in front of our mail box this morning. We shoveled her out, and a passing car stopped and we yanked her out with a rope. It is so neat that folks will all stop to help like that.

When shoveling out our cars, my station wagon was running really rough, I kept revving the engine and out came thick black smoke ugh. Then my teenage son asked me why the car was spitting out roasted nuts? I looked and, .. sigh. Squirrels had packed my tailpipe with nuts. So now my tailpipe is spitting out blackened roasted nuts and fur. No wonder why it was running rough.

LOL

The snow was light and fluffy, very easy to shovel.

A few of our chickens ventured out into the snow and they sunk right down, could not move around without a great deal of work. I waited until right before sundown, when I was feeding them, and I caught each lost chicken brought them back into their coop.

If anyone is going to get chickens I recommend that you avoid the stupid birds. We have four dozen but we only have the stupid kind.

A nice storm.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:47 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
It was a wonderful snow!! As for chickens, I've never met a smaht one.

Last edited by msina; 12-04-2007 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-04-2007, 02:51 PM

175 posts, read 420,272 times
Is that where Chesnuts roasting on an open "pipe" comes from???

I am jealous of all the snow. You guys are so lucky. Can't wait till the day I am there enjoying it too. Have fun with it. I am sure you guys will have more to come.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:58 PM

116 posts, read 421,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Amazing how some folks will insist on twisting anything into a negative.

I do think that it looks wonderful.

Our mail lady got stuck in the snow bank in front of our mail box this morning. We shoveled her out, and a passing car stopped and we yanked her out with a rope. It is so neat that folks will all stop to help like that.

When shoveling out our cars, my station wagon was running really rough, I kept revving the engine and out came thick black smoke ugh. Then my teenage son asked me why the car was spitting out roasted nuts? I looked and, .. sigh. Squirrels had packed my tailpipe with nuts. So now my tailpipe is spitting out blackened roasted nuts and fur. No wonder why it was running rough.

LOL

The snow was light and fluffy, very easy to shovel.

A few of our chickens ventured out into the snow and they sunk right down, could not move around without a great deal of work. I waited until right before sundown, when I was feeding them, and I caught each lost chicken brought them back into their coop.

If anyone is going to get chickens I recommend that you avoid the stupid birds. We have four dozen but we only have the stupid kind.

A nice storm.
We raised chickens for years none of them are smart but all are interesting. For real fun try keeping ducks and chickens in the same coop. What you all get in one snowstorm would be what we get in the whole winter. And the other poster is correct snow days cannot be beat; play now pay later.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:21 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
I love snow days!! The kids aren't busy because they didn't expect to have the time off....and I get them to myself!! We shovel, we play, we bake (though only Katy did that today--date bread yum yum yum!)......it's wonderful. These are the days they will remember

Old 12-04-2007, 03:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotpaul View Post
Wait until you have to make up the days in June. Hope there aren't more than they build into the calendar.
doesn't it get chilly living under that damp towel?

Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM

276 posts, read 792,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpurvis View Post
Is that where Chesnuts roasting on an open "pipe" comes from???

I am jealous of all the snow. You guys are so lucky. Can't wait till the day I am there enjoying it too. Have fun with it. I am sure you guys will have more to come.
Amen, friend! I can't wait to get out of FL either!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine