Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 05:47 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,870,714 times

Advertisements

To all of my friends, who stand on the wall
Thank You, Merry Christmas, and God Bless You All.

To all of my friends, who watch through the night
Thank You, Merry Christmas, and be blessed by His light.

To all of my friends, who keep us from harm
Thank You, Merry Christmas, may His love keep you warm.

To all of my friends, who keep on the power
Thank You, Merry Christmas, He is with you this hour.

To all of my friends, whose work keeps us fed
Thank You, Merry Christmas, He anoints your tired head.

To all of my friends, who strive for our health
Thank You, Merry Christmas, He grants you Heavenly wealth.

To all of my friends, whose works "I don't know"
Thank You, Merry Christmas, let His love for you grow.

To the rest of my friends, for all that you do
Thank You, Merry Christmas, and may God bless you too!

-break-

And say a prayer for the nearly 100,000 Maine people without power this Christmas morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 07:20 AM

37,810 posts, read 62,095,774 times
Merry Christmas.

To anyone without power today; our home is warm, we have lots of food, hot-water for the shower and lots of towels. The woodstove is going and we have lots of firewood. If you need a place to warm up, eat a meal, take showers and do laundry, your welcome here.

Our youngest lives in Lincoln with his GF, we had supper last night with the in-laws. Today we host a potluck with some older adults in the area who would otherwise be spending the day alone.

Merry Christmas to all.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:03 AM

20,001 posts, read 30,527,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Merry Christmas.

To anyone without power today; our home is warm, we have lots of food, hot-water for the shower and lots of towels. The woodstove is going and we have lots of firewood. If you need a place to warm up, eat a meal, take showers and do laundry, your welcome here.

Our youngest lives in Lincoln with his GF, we had supper last night with the in-laws. Today we host a potluck with some older adults in the area who would otherwise be spending the day alone.

Merry Christmas to all.
Merry Christmas forest!

that is decent of you to offer this!! and who says mainers dont like strangers??

we still dont have power- got the generator going,,,just went to the nearby cumberland farms,,, to get some more gas- they are giving out free coffee

its funny, the only person hollaring at this busy place was from an out of state vehicle,,,, all the other were waving people in,,,and waving people up to help them fill a gas container,,,one old fella,,,even filled a container for a young lady and told her it was his treat,,,,

Old 12-25-2013, 11:52 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,574,413 times
Default Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Mainers, from L.I. NY here.

I Love that State! I am having withdrawals and need to vaca again there. Every Christmas i do a slide show on my TV of ALL my Maine photos. My family loved them! Especially the wood built boats in the harbors. From Kennebunk to Bar Harbor to Rangeley. Boothbay Harbor being my favorite! I actually had to buy a gift certificate for my wife for our favorite restaurant in Boothbay Harbor, McSeagals for Christmas.

I told my family, Maine is somewhat (But Better) like the Hamptons here on L.I. WITH OUT the attitude or the price!
I plan on making another visit Mid January.

Merry Christmas ALL!

Old 12-25-2013, 12:15 PM

603 posts, read 1,955,235 times
MERRY CHRISTMAS MAINERS!!

Spanky I'm also on LI and am DETERMINED to get up to the incredible state of Maine within the year!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:42 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,171,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Merry Christmas forest!

that is decent of you to offer this!! and who says mainers dont like strangers??

we still dont have power- got the generator going,,,just went to the nearby cumberland farms,,, to get some more gas- they are giving out free coffee

its funny, the only person hollaring at this busy place was from an out of state vehicle,,,, all the other were waving people in,,,and waving people up to help them fill a gas container,,,one old fella,,,even filled a container for a young lady and told her it was his treat,,,,
Never miss an opportunity to slam people "from away"!

Take note, people "from away". Even on Christmas, Mainers think we all really suck.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:57 AM

20,001 posts, read 30,527,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Never miss an opportunity to slam people "from away"!

Take note, people "from away". Even on Christmas, Mainers think we all really suck.
oh will you stop,,,,

it was one observation not "mainers think we suck"

yes it was christmas day, yesterday at cumberland farms,,, very busy, cars lined up behind each other,,
their was one car, that was blowing a horn and hollaring out the window.. that car was the only out of state car there...
others were waving and helping others out..

does that mean that one a-hole represents all out of staters..no!! my point was even in challenging times,,, the power has been out for a few days,,,neighbors are helping neighbors,,not hollaring
one guy even paid for anothers gas!! quite the contrast to blowing a horn and screaming

im beginning to think you work for cnn.....

Old 12-26-2013, 09:27 AM

591 posts, read 936,827 times
That's the end of Christmas, it's goes very quickly. No arguments in our house this year, which was nice. Trying to stay calm, as it's football(Soccer) day today here in the UK. All teams play, and it's another day of celebration.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:33 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,171,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
oh will you stop,,,,

it was one observation not "mainers think we suck"

yes it was christmas day, yesterday at cumberland farms,,, very busy, cars lined up behind each other,,
their was one car, that was blowing a horn and hollaring out the window.. that car was the only out of state car there...
others were waving and helping others out..

does that mean that one a-hole represents all out of staters..no!! my point was even in challenging times,,, the power has been out for a few days,,,neighbors are helping neighbors,,not hollaring
one guy even paid for anothers gas!! quite the contrast to blowing a horn and screaming

im beginning to think you work for cnn.....
And you went for a repeat of the original dig against "people from away".

Brilliant! That Maine real estate agent, mainebrokerman apparently only wants clients from Maine. Because, ya know, "people from away" are the only ones out there "blowing a horn and hollaring [sic] out the window", so "people from away" should just take their LOUD business elsewhere.

Oh and Happy Holidays from the state with the most Grumpy Old White Men per capita in the entire country.

Thanks for putting a nice spin on this entire thread. Showed your colors!

Last edited by birdinmigration; 12-26-2013 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: Clarity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine