Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:29 PM

145 posts, read 338,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
and ray do you notice that the matchbox garage, car wash, race track, etc are such poor quality? but it looks so good on TV....
Sooo get that... just a hunk a junk..so disappointing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 06:37 PM

145 posts, read 338,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I'm anxious to start buying a car set and track for DS, who just turned two. I've never gotten to buy for a little boy before! He's so much fun!!

Is there something for his age group that I may look into? DH says he's too little for matchbox cars.
Thomas the train is wonderful but if you do get him a track to go on a table ..a little trick is to glue the track down onto the table. Otherwise, you will be the put the track back together, again, for the third time today, gal.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,369,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
careful, msina. i think some of the thomas the tank engine toys were made with lead paint. double check please, for the sake of your grandwonders
All the Thomas stuff my grandson has is made by Tomy, and they are all plastic. Even the track.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
when my oldest son was little he had a fisher-price flip-trak set (well, more than one, they linked together!) and I saved it for his younger brother....I couldn't find it to buy some more parts, until Ebay! Now the company has renamed it and set it out to market again....it's such a great toy I'm not sure why they stopped making it in the first place! But, I've spent a lot of time putting that together in every pattern we could create!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:01 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,906,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
when my oldest son was little he had a fisher-price flip-trak set (well, more than one, they linked together!) and I saved it for his younger brother....I couldn't find it to buy some more parts, until Ebay! Now the company has renamed it and set it out to market again....it's such a great toy I'm not sure why they stopped making it in the first place! But, I've spent a lot of time putting that together in every pattern we could create!
That's so funny. I bought 2 large boxes of flip-track from 2 seperate dealers in Canada on eBay a few years back. (A paid very little for the sets, but made up for it with the shipping- yikes!). We had a small set I had found at a yard sale, but wanted a larger set. Very cool, though- when my son came down on Cristmas morning, Santa (that little devil) had set the track up over the whole living room floor. No other present really mattered that day- he played with the track all day long. I loved it because it was a non-batteried toy. (Which seem to be so rare these days...)

Old 10-01-2007, 06:00 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,526,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygabs View Post
Thomas the train is wonderful but if you do get him a track to go on a table ..a little trick is to glue the track down onto the table. Otherwise, you will be the put the track back together, again, for the third time today, gal.
I must confess, I am a Thomas the Train hater. A couple times of year they do this big whoop te do with Thomas pulling our local old time train. The crowds are huge and rude. Marching band kids and parents work this as a fundraiser. I however, worked every time. It was the only time I was thankful to be scheduled on weekends.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
Allison, Thomas the Tank also has die-cast trains. They are metal with magnetic "couplings' that "hook" the trains together, very cool to a two year old

Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,369,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Allison, Thomas the Tank also has die-cast trains. They are metal with magnetic "couplings' that "hook" the trains together, very cool to a two year old

Yes I know, but right now the plastic ones will do. As long as it is Thomas, it could be paper and he'd love it. LOL
He is a Thomas addict, the train, books, dvds, t-shirts and even Thomas bedding!!
Refused to take him to Portland to ride on Thomas. All 3 of us can ride the train in N. Conway for less than it costs for one person to ride on Thomas.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
Surely there is someone talented enough to make toys like this
Recalls spur demand for American playthings - Consumer News - MSNBC.com

Old 10-13-2007, 08:46 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,886,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Surely there is someone talented enough to make toys like this
Recalls spur demand for American playthings - Consumer News - MSNBC.com
Yeah there is. My Father makes some wooden toys up here in Washburn. Along with household items. He and Mom were just down to the Craft show in Boothbay last week-end, don't know if they brought down any of their trucks and jeeps. Don't see any on their website though, may have to mention that to them this afternoon. Don't want to post their contact or website here because of the whole advertising and selling rules.

Last edited by Bydand; 10-13-2007 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: spelling and grammer. (Nope doesn't get better than this)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine