Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 03:29 PM

87 posts, read 260,036 times

Advertisements

Hi, as I have said in the past a friend of mine has land in Jonesport and needs some land cleared for a driveway to where his home will sit. He did speak to a Mill in Ellsworth and got one name from him. Does anyone know of someone who does this work in that area? How about contractor's also.
Thanks,
Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 05:51 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,555,839 times
My husband works with loggers and logging contractors in the area and might know someone willing to take on a small job. I'll copy your post and email it to him and let you know what he says.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 AM

Email back from DH:
Ask for more detail and then I can piece things together.
What else can you tell me? I'm sure he needs to know how long the drive to the house is, does the house lot need to be cleared and how many acres or the amount of space will be cleared for the house. Or maybe I should PM his phone number to you to pass along to the land owner?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:49 PM

87 posts, read 260,036 times
to Maine Writer,
It is five and a half acres but he does not want it all cleared of coarse. I think it would be a good idea if you could pass along your husbands phone number and they could talk. I keep telling him he should be on here as he is the one moving there and building a house.
I was there a few weeks ago and fell in love with it as I have expressed. Came home and painted a wonderful picture of Quoddy Pt. If I could find out how to post the pic I would and the other great thread, pictures of Maine.

Thanks,
Sue

Old 09-14-2007, 06:01 PM

37,483 posts, read 61,459,729 times
For just a driveway anyone with a dozer can clear that for you.

The sitework contractor I used, cleared the driveway, hauled in 3 foot of crushed stone and packed it all in one day. They built a 300 foot driveway for me, 40 foot wide.

By being raised up above the surrounding forest, it drains well and the stumps do not need to have been fully removed.

I used:

J. Folsom in Old Town.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:34 AM

I'll pm the number to you.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:00 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,936,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Gal View Post
Hi, as I have said in the past a friend of mine has land in Jonesport and needs some land cleared for a driveway to where his home will sit. He did speak to a Mill in Ellsworth and got one name from him. Does anyone know of someone who does this work in that area? How about contractor's also.
Thanks,
Sue
Call the Jonesport town office and ask them for names of contractors in Jonesport. There are plenty of contractors in Jonesport and that area who can do the work. Tell your friend to try and make himself popular by doing at least the initial work with local contractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine