Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:56 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,541,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I am making today's batch of sourdough bread using Oat flour.

I have never done it using oat flour before, I wanted to play with other flours other than wheat.

Hey! I am too! I'll start it this evening when I feed my whole wheat starter.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
"just" a column and translate to much exposure and bigger things. Yeah, it is easy to get burned..

get it in writing and read the writing with a cynical eye?
I resigned from an editing job in February of this year. It took me this long to be ok with a small freelance job. It wasn't my idea so before saying yes to the suggestion I made sure I could drag someone else into this with me. The first article runs in the December 14 edition of the Quoddy Tides (HEY you Eastporters! Did you hear that?).

Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I resigned from an editing job in February of this year. It took me this long to be ok with a small freelance job. It wasn't my idea so before saying yes to the suggestion I made sure I could drag someone else into this with me. The first article runs in the December 14 edition of the Quoddy Tides (HEY you Eastporters! Did you hear that?).

Way cool - I get the Tides in the mail, can't wait to read your article. What's it about?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:43 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,956 times
Fabulous! Congrats, MW!!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:36 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Ok, guys. How the heck do you fit 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths in a 1000 sq ft house????? I KNOW my big bed wouldn't fit in there!
Hello Ya Ya's and Gents,
Wow!!! This is a long thread, I have been in the background reading off and on, getting to know about the "characters" and it has been fun.

El, I am in the same situation about trying to fit our 3 bedrooms/2 baths, 1600 sq.ft. into our 800 sq. ft. cottage. I am going to bring a double bed instead of our queen (I think) for our master bedroom and a twin for the guest and downsize the queen sofa sleeper to a double or twin sofa sleeper. I am also trying to figure out about storage for all my Christmas decorations, grandma's china, teapot collection, etc.

In a post on a different thread Corgis suggested that I check out the attic for storage.

I just dropped in to say hi. I have enjoyed the read. Happy belated BD's and congrats to MW.

If anyone starts a coffee shop/bakery/tea room - I can donate a lot of teapots and love to bake quick breads, muffins, irish soda bread, get rave's about my chicken salad sandwiches, irish beef stew, fisherman's pie and irish coffee.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Way cool - I get the Tides in the mail, can't wait to read your article. What's it about?
uhhh.......... I dunno! Ed must have been familiar with what I write because he didn't ask for samples. We'll write a short intro so that readers know who we are. My partner in crime is a farmer and fiber artist. She raises pastured meats, sheep and llamas, owns a fiber processing mill and makes a lot of value added products from her farm products. She's the animal and I'm the vegetable. Put us together and we've got an agricultural column. We'll write about locally and seasonally produced goods, what organic really is and isn't, recipes and more.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:34 PM

837 posts, read 1,710,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
uhhh.......... I dunno! Ed must have been familiar with what I write because he didn't ask for samples. We'll write a short intro so that readers know who we are. My partner in crime is a farmer and fiber artist. She raises pastured meats, sheep and llamas, owns a fiber processing mill and makes a lot of value added products from her farm products. She's the animal and I'm the vegetable. Put us together and we've got an agricultural column. We'll write about locally and seasonally produced goods, what organic really is and isn't, recipes and more.
Hi Maine Writer--I'm thinking this will be an interesting article.
Is Quoddy Tides available online or by (long distance) subscription?

(Yes I've been lurking.)

Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,424,940 times
Congratulations M Writer!!
Boy we have talented people here on CD.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:47 PM

411 posts, read 898,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
SMALL "old fashioned" rooms?? That is one reason I am trading the queen bed in on a twin. That, and there is just me and I don't need the extra length. I prefer a small house... I have lived in 20x24 (and smaller, actually!) and for me, that worked ok... but after I added on two rooms upstairs (an additional 240 sq ft) it was perfect.

But then I know I am wierd <g>

Old houses were designed for a double at best... and the other bedrooms for a twin or maybe bunks, most likely.
Star, we are so much alike it's scary! Hubby and I talked about buying or building a "tiny house", but that idea was quickly thrown out the window when we decided to adopt. See, now we need to have enough space according to the government's regulations. Icky. But neccesary. So now we live in a 1078 sq. ft. farmhouse that has a nice kitchen, small living room, combo bath/laundry, large master, and a smaller bedroom for kids. It has an attached playroom on it. And yes, you is right, bunks work quite nicely.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 PM

837 posts, read 1,710,728 times
Answered my own question: The Quoddy Tides
Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine