Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:42 PM

5 posts, read 12,860 times

Advertisements

My husband has his journeyman's plumbing/pipe fitting from here in Florida, but because of the lack of trade jobs here..he never actually GOT to work as a journeyman. He was in the union and had to leave cause they had him on the bench for a long time with no work. Because of that he probably doesn't have the full skills nescessary to start work right out as a journeyman. What would be his options in Maine?
He's taken other jobs that have something to do with the pipe fitting and plumbing field such as a fire sprinkler fitter (but even that was short term due to lay offs) etc...and he's willing to get more education as needed.
What would be his best options when it comes to looking for jobs? He has some basic knowledge of welding and we were going look into sending him back to school perhaps nights for welding (if they have night classes there), but would that be a good idea? I'm not that familiar with the trade industry in Maine and was looking for any advice in that field. Just wondering if anyone has an ideas on where we should start to look.
Also, I have a friend that said he might be able to get him into his company by helping him get into a construction clean-up crew thru a temp agency. Is that a good idea? My husband is a very relaiable guy and hard worker- he actually perfers to work overtime (just cause he enjoys working, not cause he wants to get away from me .
Also, we were kinda looking into moving perhaps into the Bangor area. I also have friend and family in the oakland/fairfield area and wouldn't mind living near them...but at this piont we're open for anything.
Thanks for any advice you can give...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 06:27 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,425,887 times
Try the Bangor Daily News bangordailynews.com/jobs (http://www.bangornews.com/mainejobhunter/JobSeeker/search.cfm?page=position-results&jobindustry=2&searchtype=quick - broken link) hope it helps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine