Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 PM

546 posts, read 1,386,311 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the post, I will check it out, but I am truly a Pawn Star fan...all others are just fill with an ocasional good show. I could do a show on rubbish pickin LOL.. I have done well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 07:17 PM

489 posts, read 1,218,761 times
Thanks for post, lovemaine. Seeing these guys are just down the road from you, maybe you can check out their warehouse and give us the scoop.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:34 AM

19,989 posts, read 30,449,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I remember when I used to watch "Murder She Wrote" and they tried to pass of the California coast as Maine - It was so funny and didn't fool anyone that lives in New England. They tried to make them use a downeast accent too which came off sounding like the south.
kinda sounds silly when they go for the maine accent, and are way off

saw a movie yesterday on netflix- took place in gilead maine at the spitfire grill
I often drive thru gilead (western maine) not sure if they actually shot any scenery there or somewhere else- but it's a pretty area

Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,737,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFury59 View Post
Thanks for post, lovemaine. Seeing these guys are just down the road from you, maybe you can check out their warehouse and give us the scoop.
I'd love to check it out since it's only about 15 minutes from my house. But I guess they only open their doors by appointment. I wouldn't feel comfortable browsing and then not buying anything if I'm there by appointment. Maybe someday they'll just have normal business hours. I'll check it out for sure then!

Old 01-01-2012, 06:15 PM

489 posts, read 1,218,761 times
Thanks lovemaine, I know what you're saying. I wouldn't do that either. I haven't checked the show out yet but according to their web site the show is on Channel 112 in my area and that channel is the Fox Business Channel. Seems strange but....who knows.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:40 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,737,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFury59 View Post
Thanks lovemaine, I know what you're saying. I wouldn't do that either. I haven't checked the show out yet but according to their web site the show is on Channel 112 in my area and that channel is the Fox Business Channel. Seems strange but....who knows.
That is weird. We have Directv and the show is on Planet Green, part of the Discovery channel...

Old 01-04-2012, 01:58 PM

41 posts, read 156,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
That is weird. We have Directv and the show is on Planet Green, part of the Discovery channel...
I have seen this show as well. It is on Planet Green here too. American Pickers drives my husband insane because he is always worried about the elderly people who sell their things to those guys. He thinks they are getting ripped off. My heart goes out to them too, but at least it isn't sitting around getting ruined any longer and they did get a good amount of cash for it.

The guy on this new show, though, is less likeable than the two on American Pickers. It is still fun to watch. I am still wondering what he is going to do with a stained glass window of a lobster lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: