Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 08:15 PM

17 posts, read 49,647 times

Advertisements

New CD member here, so I'm a little slow on the uptake as I 'just discovered CD' yesterday I was SO impressed with the amount of information, and the majority of replies being decent I stayed up until 630am this morning reading some pages here

I'm a small boat sailor, and as such we need storage for our boating stuff that we only use seasonally on the boat. Thus my first question...Are any folks here using storage places they feel are secure, clean and in good repair in the Rockland, Thomaston, and Camden areas? Specifically the properties leased by Shepard Nissan. 118 Limerock ST Rockland, 178 New County RD Thomaston, or the 18 MT Battie St Camden locations. I want to be able to tie up my under 20 ft sailboat ashore and be within a mile or less, preferably, walking distance to one of these. Not having sailed Maine waters i want to locate some of my gear up there for next year. The Camden location looks like I might be able to tie up at a public dock and walk to it. The other 2 locations i'm not sure if there would be public beach access for me to leave my boat and walk to them. My boat only draws 2ft of water so I can almost beach it. I want to make sure I'm not infringing on anyone's private property in order to get ashore, which is why I am asking for folks who know this area to give me a head's up. Thank You in advance for any help...Lived in NE most of my life just never in Maine...yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 07:25 AM

17 posts, read 49,647 times
No one can help me here? Anyone who lives in any of these towns should be able to give me some reliable information.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:58 AM

3,473 posts, read 7,280,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAILED View Post
No one can help me here? Anyone who lives in any of these towns should be able to give me some reliable information.

Camden is your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine