Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,890,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
I know what you mean woxyroxme. I miss you and dramamama. It was a blast hooking up with you two and the others in Eastport. I'll never forget the day we three and forest beekeeper and RHB all went whale watching.

I'm kind of scared to post in the Sacramento forum here too. The Maine forum is much nicer and the folks here put up with me.
Funny. It doesn't seem like "putting up" with you at all. DW and I miss those get-togethers. It's fun to sit and shoot the bull. And eat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM

399 posts, read 855,219 times
Well my 2 cents, I don't like to shoot the bull but I certainly like to listen to the bull and eating is one of my top priorities, unfortunately. I love being on the Maine forum as well. I would be considered a "flatlander" I guess which is fine with me. I enjoy being "from away" and think I get exceptional and delicate treatment from all the Mainers I have come in contact with. Question: My wife's mother was born and brought up in Maine before moving to Mass. Now is my wife considered a Flatlander too? or is she more closer to the holy grail of citizenship than I? In any event, this forum is a blast, nothing moving too fast, a ton of "good ol boys n girls" and plenty of good insight and advice. Works well for me.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:47 PM

131 posts, read 410,921 times
I have to agree! I am new to Maine and always asking questions and for advice. Everyone is always so helpful and honest!

Old 10-25-2011, 03:46 PM

30 posts, read 32,707 times
So..off topic, but is there a way to respond to the reputation comments? I'd love to be able to, in fact when I've given reputation It doesn't ever pop up with me to be able to send a comment with it. Can someone please help me with that?

Old 10-25-2011, 03:56 PM

783 posts, read 1,575,918 times
When you want to rep someone and leave a brief message, go to the upper right hand corner of the post and click on the scales. Clicking on the lower left hand corner's "rate this post positively" is just a quick, anonymous means of giving someone reputation.

Last edited by maureenb; 10-25-2011 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: uh oh...don't copy & paste images!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,551,229 times
Thanks Maureen - I had the same question and always wondered what those scales were for.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,551,229 times
EKH 32 -- why don't you try to come to our meet-up on November 19. Good way to meet some more Mainers. It's at 11 on the 19th of November at the Sea Dog on the river in Bangor.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:32 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,202,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfabuck View Post
Well my 2 cents, I don't like to shoot the bull but I certainly like to listen to the bull and eating is one of my top priorities, unfortunately. I love being on the Maine forum as well. I would be considered a "flatlander" I guess which is fine with me. I enjoy being "from away" and think I get exceptional and delicate treatment from all the Mainers I have come in contact with. Question: My wife's mother was born and brought up in Maine before moving to Mass. Now is my wife considered a Flatlander too? or is she more closer to the holy grail of citizenship than I? In any event, this forum is a blast, nothing moving too fast, a ton of "good ol boys n girls" and plenty of good insight and advice. Works well for me.
I'm a bit different than many Mainers about this. If your wife's family is a Maine family (several generations), then I'd consider your wife a native. Kinda like the kittens born in an oven not making them biscuits, by the same token, if a Maine family has a kid across the line, it's still a native.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 AM

78 posts, read 163,623 times
I couldn't agree with you more! We bought a camp in Sherman back in 2008 and I have posted questions from time to time and everyone has been more than helpful with their responses, which I greatly appreciate. I feel like Maine is my home.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 3,888 times
Hello. Im new to forum.I am looking for the best way to buy a piece of property in Maine.What is the best way to do this without having use a realtor?I am planning on placing my travel trailer on it for a while and am interested in tree growth program.Which townships or counties are a good place to start.I have cash burning a hole in my pocket.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine