Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM

30,331 posts, read 23,808,618 times

Advertisements

Driving around today I noticed that some leaves are starting to change, saw oranges and even one bright red tree on 95 on my way home.

I have not seen changing colors like this in forever and I've NEVER seen New England fall except in photos.

Is it frowned upon to stop my car on the shoulder of the freeway to get out and snap photos? I just want to take it all in and photograph it all it's already so pretty...I can't even imagine what it's about to be like.

Am I the only one in Maine thrilled to pieces over this?

Also, for the first time in almost a decade, I get to walk outside to cool, brisk temps. No longer do I suffer through 80-90 degree weather all year round with high humidity. I can actually walk outside my door and not sweat within minutes. I'm so fricken happy about this I can't even stand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 01:09 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,256,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Driving around today I noticed that some leaves are starting to change, saw oranges and even one bright red tree on 95 on my way home.

I have not seen changing colors like this in forever and I've NEVER seen New England fall except in photos.

Is it frowned upon to stop my car on the shoulder of the freeway to get out and snap photos? I just want to take it all in and photograph it all it's already so pretty...I can't even imagine what it's about to be like.

Am I the only one in Maine thrilled to pieces over this?

Also, for the first time in almost a decade, I get to walk outside to cool, brisk temps. No longer do I suffer through 80-90 degree weather all year round with high humidity. I can actually walk outside my door and not sweat within minutes. I'm so fricken happy about this I can't even stand it.
Yeah, I'm thrilled.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:51 PM

885 posts, read 1,498,000 times
This is about my most favorite time of the year.....mac apples, butternut squash, bird hunting and the crisp nights and warm days.....great to be alive!!!!!

Old 09-20-2011, 03:09 PM

19,972 posts, read 30,281,618 times
I like the cooler days (dont like the heat-over 80)
I love fall overall!!!
The change of leaves look nice til they fall on the ground and ya got to rake them...

hunting season is coming!! I saw a nice deer in the rangeley area today- if i had my older car, i would have aimed for it

Old 09-20-2011, 03:15 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,664,105 times
Yes! Each season has its good things but after a summer in the garden, with long hot days, I truly appreciate the shortening days, the garden slowly winding down, and the other signs of autumn. Actually, this year it seems to be running a bit late... it is certainly later than my "benchmark year" a while back when I came to Maine THIS WEEK in the year (over the equinox) and was delighted to find a riot of color. This year, not so much... they are just starting, it would seem.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:26 PM

1,920 posts, read 4,326,036 times
Fall is also my favorite. Crisp mornings, apples, beatuiful foliage, October fest parties... Second favorite is Winter, then spring. Least favorite is Summer.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:50 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,154,591 times
I do like fall, however, I'm having a hard time going to work in the dark....

Old 09-20-2011, 04:32 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,256,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHB View Post
I do like fall, however, I'm having a hard time going to work in the dark....
Turn on the headlights of the car. I promise you it helps.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,154,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Turn on the headlights of the car. I promise you it helps.
Smarty

Old 09-20-2011, 05:13 PM

404 posts, read 779,048 times
I'm excited that fall is almost here too! Last year was my 1st in maine and the colors were beautiful and the apple cider great! I understand your desire to get out and take pictures but I'd do it on the secondary road if I were you. It's dangerous to stop on the highway under any circumstances, all it takes is one person distracted on a cell phone!
Be sure to take a couple hikes, and enjoy your 1st fall in Maine!! I remember missing fall in FL too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine