Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM

13 posts, read 50,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewta Mayna View Post
Does anyone know if they lower the water level every year? I was under the impression that the electric co. lowers the water level in mid - August and it takes a few months to come back to normal. This didn't seem like a big deal and I was still considering buying a lot.

Yesterday I talked with a selectman for the town of Waltham and he said they drop the water level every summer towards the end of the summer. He said it stays low until the ice and snow cover the extensive mud flats which is 4 months or so from when they lower it.

Does this sound right? I was planning on being a year round resident on the lake but am having second thoughts.
Hi Again Fewta Mayna, We just returned from a wonderful 2 week vacation at our cabin. I have been going to graham lake for 2 years now, and the lake is the highest that I have seen in May, then it slowly lowers -seemingly at a steady pace, through out the summer. For the past 2 weeks, it did drop a few inches. The level stays low for the winter. Depending on where you are on the lake, and how shallow it is in front of your property decides whether or not you have water at the end of August. We are fortunate that we have a small stretch of ledge on a portion of our frontage that has water Year round. (we were able to install a dock this vacation that will have water throughout the season). The beach sections, however, do retreat way out and are soft and somewhat muddy August and into sept.
One of our neighbors has shallow water in front of his place, and actually has to doc his boat a few houses away, at a friends. One or 2 others at our end use moorings, but most of us have docks.
I went exploring around the neighborhood and saw the foundation next to a log sided house that you refered to in your previous email. That is actually on Silsby rd. (not us).
We don't mind the water drop so much because of how peaceful and quiet it is. Surrounding lakes such as Beechhill are over populated and constantly busy. Again, good luck with your decision!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM

11 posts, read 56,777 times
Just came back from the lake water levels real low, is this normal for late August? Still plenty of water for fun. While up there I heard a strange call back and forth across the lake at night that sounded like elk. I don't think they are that far south, anyone know what it might be?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,104 times
Default graham lake property in Mariaville Prices/acre

I was wondering how much the land on Graham lake is going for in the Mariaville area, and around Hardwood Hill Isle I believe it is called. Thanks and any information you can give would be greatly appreciated, like websites/realty places I can visit on the web with some prices.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:08 PM

There are still a few spots open on oxbow point (waltham) to build. Dale Henderson of Dale Henderson logging is the person to contact.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:37 AM

653 posts, read 1,918,303 times
I've enjoy reading everyone post about Graham Lake, I am currently live in Central Virginia, moved from Miami,Fl about a year ago. I am looking at a peice
of property on Graham lake in Waltham area.With all these informative, it should some what help me to make a realistic decision.
thanks every one.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:03 AM

642 posts, read 1,255,593 times
There are several Graham Lake properties listed on The Ellsworth American's website. Check it out here
The Ellsworth American - Real Estate
We're having our first few rainy days in months. The lake is low but some folks are still boating.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 PM

653 posts, read 1,918,303 times
thanks American Girl for the info.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:17 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,675,502 times
"While up there I heard a strange call back and forth across the lake at night that sounded like elk."

Moose are locating each other since the rut is about to start. Moose season is also about to start.

We have a lottery system and if you are picked in the moose lottery it is your patriotic duty to shoot a moose and fill your freezer, your friend's freezers and their friend's freezers. A moose is like a Black Angus on stilts.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:26 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,379,799 times
Moose meat is extremely lean, if you know how to cook it, it's excellant. I like it better than venison.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Thought is was moose but never heard a call like that, very nasil cavity horn like sound!!
Thanks! Moose meat is very good, lightly pound to break the fibers marinate and keep it around medium for better cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine