Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,470,603 times

Advertisements

Bydand, that is one good lookin' lab! I love that boxy head and his coat looks amazing. Did you by chance get him from a breeder in Orrington?
I miss having labs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,557,160 times
He's a good looking dog. I bet the boys keep him busy.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:21 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,880,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Bydand, that is one good lookin' lab! I love that boxy head and his coat looks amazing. Did you by chance get him from a breeder in Orrington?
I miss having labs....
Nope got him from a local guy who was giving them away. Yep he is a freebie (like ANY dog is ever REALLY free )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
He's a good looking dog. I bet the boys keep him busy.
He is the most laid back dog I have ever seen. Even though he is only 7 months old he is so gentle when taking things from you it is amazing. We actually have to take it a bit easy with him and not overwork him. He was diagnosed with some neurological problems to his hind legs. Vet said he will never get better, but it looks like he won't get worse either, just don't overtire him and exhaust him. When he has traction, he does great, when he doesn't, his hind legs tend to slide and he has a hard time keeping them under him.

No biggie, just a part of who the little rascal is. BEST dog with kids I have seen, so it is easy to overlook this very minor problem in my eyes. Sure he may not live very long if it does get worse, but for now he is really a part of the family, and I wouldn't trade him for a dozen "healthy" dogs.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:22 AM

333 posts, read 874,518 times
nice looking dog .. I've got 2 yellow labs and they'll be a year old next month

Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,905 times
Bydand he's gotten so big!! Ours was the runt of the litter....she's about 69 pounds now and was two in August. I think Mojo will surpass that easily!

ribbets I remember your pictures of your dogs as well....Mainers love their doggies that's for sure

Old 02-13-2008, 07:19 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,557,160 times
Meadow voles are a huge pain in the...greenhouse. I went out to work yesterday and found lettuce leaves hidden between seed trays and baby spinach leaves and seedlings hidden under floating row cover. grrrrr..... I figured it was under the nice warm bale of straw so I picked it up and sure enough the fat little... vole was under there. The dogs were out with me so I brought Sebastian in with me. Normally, dogs aren't allowed in.

The vole ran from under the straw to under the windows I obviously haven't put in yet, and onto that little pile of unfinished compost.

He caught it in seconds. He rolls on things he loves - firewood, his toys, voles....

When he's done rolling he lets the other dogs see what he has before he either eats it or loses it in the snow. I think he lost this one.

Good boy Seb!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:18 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,905 times
and a cute boy too MW!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 AM

380 posts, read 1,179,334 times
Great pics Bydand and Maine Writer. Those Lupines are incredible. Your dogs look like they are so much fun. Hopefully my dogs will adapt to the snow well. Neither of them has ever seen more than a few inches.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:26 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,880,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMar View Post
Hopefully my dogs will adapt to the snow well. Neither of them has ever seen more than a few inches.
They will have a ball. I have never seen a dog that DIDN'T like playing in snow.

Here are a couple of shots from this morning. Actually only about an hour ago. Clearing out enough space for the rest of the snow we should be getting before the end of winter. The angle makes it look like the banks are not that big, but I'm 6'2" tall and the banks are over my head right now in my yard. By the road they are around 8' tall right now.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:28 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,432,992 times
Yep, that's a lot snow! Nice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine