Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 03:12 PM

885 posts, read 1,499,218 times

Advertisements

I didn't and it's causing me a huge amount of pain. Having just moved back here from California....I need to get my CDL changed to maine....well I (like a dumd a%$) filled out a form and told them I have type II diabetes....OH MY GOD.....END OF THE WORLD!!!! they sent me a form stating that since I take medication I need to have my doc(in CA.) fill out this long form....number 1 type II , you don't take meds...it's controlled by diet and excercise.....think they can understand that at Augusta??? NOPE.
So, since I haven't seen my doc for 12 1/2 months( the limit is 12) I have to get into a doc here and go thru the whole thing again....oops guess what....my cdl expires May 31st. Thanks Mr. Sec of State!
So, the lesson here is......don't tell 'em a damn thing.....
just venting.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 09:17 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,730,717 times
I've seen a few pilots learn the hard way..

I bought a car from my brother in fla a few years back... he gave me a special deal.. it wasnt long before Maine was harassing him for "his" copy of the bill of sale.. I guess they thought I was trying to pull a fast one on them.. I told him to ignore them they have no authority over him but eventually after letter after letter he sent them one..

I remember him making some comment about the social republic of Maine

Old 05-27-2011, 03:05 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,740,313 times
And with that, flycessna hits 2000 posts.

Contact your nearest majority legislator. They are working to make Maine user friendly for businesses and citizens both.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,716,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namder1 View Post
I didn't and it's causing me a huge amount of pain. Having just moved back here from California....I need to get my CDL changed to maine....well I (like a dumd a%$) filled out a form and told them I have type II diabetes....OH MY GOD.....END OF THE WORLD!!!! they sent me a form stating that since I take medication I need to have my doc(in CA.) fill out this long form....number 1 type II , you don't take meds...it's controlled by diet and excercise.....think they can understand that at Augusta??? NOPE.
So, since I haven't seen my doc for 12 1/2 months( the limit is 12) I have to get into a doc here and go thru the whole thing again....oops guess what....my cdl expires May 31st. Thanks Mr. Sec of State!
So, the lesson here is......don't tell 'em a damn thing.....
just venting.....
Something provoked these idiots to look into medical problems and drivers' licenses. They did the same thing to my brother last week because he had epilleptic seizures when he was 17...he's now 51 and has been on meds forever without a problem. But something made them check as of late and he had to go to a doctor and get a blood test to confirm he's on his meds. Just a bunch of bullsh*t if you ask me.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:01 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,185,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Something provoked these idiots to look into medical problems and drivers' licenses. They did the same thing to my brother last week because he had epilleptic seizures when he was 17...he's now 51 and has been on meds forever without a problem. But something made them check as of late and he had to go to a doctor and get a blood test to confirm he's on his meds. Just a bunch of bullsh*t if you ask me.

Irresponsible people who drive even though they know they shouldn't - either because they have to work, or they just don't care are one reason why IMO.

They cause accidents which kill or maim other people, and then legislators starts wringing their hands. In our 'statistical-based world" I find it interesting that we never hear about the number of responsible drivers who never maim, kill, hurt, or otherwise cost anyone anything. Maybe I just missed them.

Additionally, oh looky here, our "safety" is adding to the cost of health care. Hopefully he has decent health care coverage and those blood tests won't just go to his deductible.

Hmmm...

Once again, common sense and coutesy are being regulated. Human nature will never change in one million years IMO.

Those who will continue to drive irresponsibly will continue to do so regardless of how many restrictions we place on those who do not drive irresponsibly. I haven't seen the *no driving while yakking on a cell phone law* make one bit of difference in the number of people I see driving on a daily basis while yakking on a cell phone. Yet, apparently, it makes us all feel safer I guess.

Until real and actual teeth are put into driving law offenses, nothing will change IMHO - evah.

Is it really any wonder why people are dishonest? Really?

Old 05-28-2011, 03:50 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,730,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
And with that, flycessna hits 2000 posts.

Contact your nearest majority legislator. They are working to make Maine user friendly for businesses and citizens both.
Do I get a coffee mug?

Old 05-28-2011, 04:20 PM

37,545 posts, read 61,590,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Do I get a coffee mug?
Mug?

I got cookies!

Old 05-28-2011, 08:27 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,740,313 times
You come north and I'll give you a mug with The Northern Maine Land Man on it and I'll let you see my Cessna Citation hat. You can have the mug, but not the hat.

-break-

My wife drives with hand controls. She has to take a driver's test every time. She can shoehorn her full size Chevy Express Van into a parallel parking spot. The state tester said she was too close to the curb, about 2 inches. She said it had to be that close and that's why she has bullet mirrors. He wondered why. It's because the microswitch on her elevator has to contact the curb in order for the ramp on the lift to go down. He relented and passed her.

The van is full time 4WD and has a heavy duty brush bar on the front. It isn't for deer. It's for turkeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: