Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 11:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,588 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are really wanting to relocate to Lubec, we are young 30s-ish. What should we know before just packing up and heading thataway? Any advice would be welcome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 04:30 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,724,031 times
Unless you bring your job with you, have contracts for jobs lined up before you come. I also recommend a visit before you come.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:52 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,899,727 times
Welcome to the forum. I have to echo NMLM. It's rough finding work up this way so bring money if you aren't bringing your own job. I live across the bay from there and we're kinda "end of the world". Actually, not really; but you CAN see it from here. Visit if you haven't all ready.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:26 AM

846 posts, read 1,023,726 times
Don't cross into Campobello, NB and come back into the US with a rental car.The boys ain't busy, and like to have fun with those from "away", especially if you hold a passport other than US. My wife holds a New Zealand Passport and has been a resident alien for decades with a top FAA security clearence, I am a combat veteran who retired from a law enforcement agency, albiet a clinical position (and had documentation to prove this with me). We were treated like Al Quieda. Because the car "might" be stolen. Lubec is a beautiful town, just has guys working the border who are lucky there is a bridge there or they's be working at Wal Mart. I am certain these guy's could of run our passports and seen we frequently travel internationally with multiple entries with no issues for many years. I wish these guys were working the Mexican border, might be less illegal's running around. I actually recommended them by name to my congressman who is a member of my VFW post for such duty.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,588 times
I want to actually open a business up there to employ a few locals as well as myself...

Old 12-27-2010, 06:32 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,724,031 times
If it's manufacturing Lubec will be really happy to see you. Beginning on January 5 Maine is going to be much more friendly to business of all kinds. Your timing is good. Down in Littery there is a big sign that has stood for about 15 years. It says, "Maine, The Way LIfe Should Be." That will soon be taken down and replaced with a sign that says, "Maine is Open For Business."

Old 12-27-2010, 08:04 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,899,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
If it's manufacturing Lubec will be really happy to see you. Beginning on January 5 Maine is going to be much more friendly to business of all kinds. Your timing is good. Down in Littery there is a big sign that has stood for about 15 years. It says, "Maine, The Way LIfe Should Be." That will soon be taken down and replaced with a sign that says, "Maine is Open For Business."
From your mouth to Gods ear. Here's hoping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine