Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 04:32 PM

165 posts, read 415,665 times

Advertisements

Hey, we made it to the Biddeford-Saco area!

Just stopping by to say hi quick - still unpacking. I have to say, though, I LOVE this area. The house is great, the neighbors are great, and the towns are absolutely beautiful. It's definitely not Orono - it's much more urban - but still, we're loving it down here.

I need to do some reading, and catch up with everyone. Lynn and Russ, if you see this, how are the plans going to move up north?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 04:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,111,045 times
woohoo! now you can start working on your accent

car vs cah....
yard vs yahd.... and it's dooryahd, not backyard....
if you practice while you upack it will go faster

welcome to Maine!

Old 06-22-2007, 07:58 PM

160 posts, read 371,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJL View Post
Hey, we made it to the Biddeford-Saco area!

Just stopping by to say hi quick - still unpacking. I have to say, though, I LOVE this area. The house is great, the neighbors are great, and the towns are absolutely beautiful. It's definitely not Orono - it's much more urban - but still, we're loving it down here.

I need to do some reading, and catch up with everyone. Lynn and Russ, if you see this, how are the plans going to move up north?
We are progressing with the pub/tavern. Lynn and I just joined the Maine Restaurant Association. They are a great group and are happy to see us moving forward with our plans. We are coming up there on a scouting trip in early September to help find an area. Orono and Freeport are the front runners at the moment. Lynn and I are also working on the menu by experimenting with recipes. I really need to get moving on the logo but may wait until we get up there in September for inspiration. So as you can tell, we are getting there. Not as fast as we want to but we know we can't rush into this adventure.

Stay in touch!
Lynn and Russ

Old 06-23-2007, 07:03 AM

37,482 posts, read 61,459,729 times
Keep us informed.

Good luck

Old 06-23-2007, 02:18 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,430,560 times
"Welcome home,MsJL family,welcome home." Good luck to you and yours and may your days be filled with laughter and peace.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:33 PM

306 posts, read 1,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn and Russ View Post
We are progressing with the pub/tavern. Lynn and I just joined the Maine Restaurant Association. They are a great group and are happy to see us moving forward with our plans. We are coming up there on a scouting trip in early September to help find an area. Orono and Freeport are the front runners at the moment. Lynn and I are also working on the menu by experimenting with recipes. I really need to get moving on the logo but may wait until we get up there in September for inspiration. So as you can tell, we are getting there. Not as fast as we want to but we know we can't rush into this adventure.

Stay in touch!
Lynn and Russ
Freeport should be a gold mine in the summer as long as its in the downtown area. Closer to LL Bean the better. It becomes flooded with people.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
"Welcome home,MsJL family,welcome home." Good luck to you and yours and may your days be filled with laughter and peace.
and the smell of pine and fresh salt air! If we could bottle that smell....

Old 06-26-2007, 09:34 AM

165 posts, read 415,665 times

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Hey Molly, I opened the window my first morning here, and this wonderful breeze wafted in - smelled just like the ocean.

By the way... THERE'S A DAIRY QUEEN 3 MINUTES FROM US!!!!!

Back to hanging pictures...

Old 06-26-2007, 09:44 AM

37,482 posts, read 61,459,729 times
WooHoo, just a slice of heaven

And dairy queen too

Old 06-26-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJL View Post

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Hey Molly, I opened the window my first morning here, and this wonderful breeze wafted in - smelled just like the ocean.

By the way... THERE'S A DAIRY QUEEN 3 MINUTES FROM US!!!!!

Back to hanging pictures...
Fresh salt air AND a DQ...now I'm jealous! we don't have DQ in Washington County Have a kit-kat blizzard for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine