Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 02:32 PM

87 posts, read 217,404 times

Advertisements

The dye is cast, and my wife has accepted a position in Louisville. I am going to remain in Milwaukee until I either sell our house or get a job in Louisville. My assumption is nothing is going to happen until the summer of 2009. This will be one heck of a test for our marriage!

On October 17th, we are flying
to Louisville to look at unfurnished apartments that accept small dogs. My wife will be moving during the first week of December. It has been arranged for a real estate agent to show us some available units Downtown and in the Highlands. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fairly hip, safe apartment complex for my wife in Louisville? The price range would be anything from $600 to around $900 for a one bedroom. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as we only have two days to find something. We are both frightened out of our wits about this move and we are barely surviving. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 05:51 PM

153 posts, read 538,690 times
I own a small brick cluster of apartments at the corner of Willow Avenue and Glenmary Avenue. I've got one unit available on the 2nd floor that will be ready on November 15th. You can check out our advertisement on Craigslist for an identical unit. The address is 2315 Glenmary. Email me at the address listed on the advertisement if interested. As a note, our property is situated in the heart of the Cherokee Triangle;the safest urban area in Lville.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:20 PM

7,072 posts, read 16,766,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enofile View Post
The dye is cast, and my wife has accepted a position in Louisville. I am going to remain in Milwaukee until I either sell our house or get a job in Louisville. My assumption is nothing is going to happen until the summer of 2009. This will be one heck of a test for our marriage!

On October 17th, we are flying
to Louisville to look at unfurnished apartments that accept small dogs. My wife will be moving during the first week of December. It has been arranged for a real estate agent to show us some available units Downtown and in the Highlands. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fairly hip, safe apartment complex for my wife in Louisville? The price range would be anything from $600 to around $900 for a one bedroom. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as we only have two days to find something. We are both frightened out of our wits about this move and we are barely surviving. Thanks.

Please see my posts in the other threads to view streets to drive up. As far as apartment complexes downtown, here are my favorites (and some of the nicer ones).

Welcome to the Henry Clay
AU Associates (http://www.auassociates.com/stfrancis.html - broken link)
TheMagnoliaBSM - BSM Property Management, LLCÂ*presents: The MAGNOLIA Luxury Living in Old Louisville Click here

www.kentuckytowers.net is not as upscale, but it is cheap. It has attached parking garage, rooftop pool on top of the garage, and very nice views a block from fourth street live.

A list for downtown:

LDMD - Living Downtown - Louisville, KY (http://www.ldmd.org/living-downtown/ - broken link)

That said, the Highlands is the premiere urban area in a three or four state region IMO including KY, IN, TN, and OH.
The Highlands of Louisville, KY USA home page

If she is not happy with the gentrification/activity downtown (view my development thread on here to see what is planned), then the Highlands is the place to be. Search Craigslist, drive around and call for rent signs on streets you like, or try and find nice houses with rentals in the area.

Also, you really need to drive the Frankfort Avenue corridor and its cross streets. Click my name and search my posts for more info.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Default Thank you

I appreciate all the help you have provided. It means a great deal to me. Thanks again.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Please see my posts in the other threads to view streets to drive up. As far as apartment complexes downtown, here are my favorites (and some of the nicer ones).

Welcome to the Henry Clay
AU Associates (http://www.auassociates.com/stfrancis.html - broken link)
TheMagnoliaBSM - BSM Property Management, LLCÂ*presents: The MAGNOLIA Luxury Living in Old Louisville Click here

www.kentuckytowers.net is not as upscale, but it is cheap. It has attached parking garage, rooftop pool on top of the garage, and very nice views a block from fourth street live.

A list for downtown:

LDMD - Living Downtown - Louisville, KY (http://www.ldmd.org/living-downtown/ - broken link)

That said, the Highlands is the premiere urban area in a three or four state region IMO including KY, IN, TN, and OH.

If she is not happy with the gentrification/activity downtown (view my development thread on here to see what is planned), then the Highlands is the place to be. Search Craigslist, drive around and call for rent signs on streets you like, or try and find nice houses with rentals in the area.

Also, you really need to drive the Frankfort Avenue corridor and its cross streets. Click my name and search my posts for more info.
The real estate agent has emailed us this list to show us next week-end:
Crescent Center
800 Luxury
St. Francis Breckinridge, Pointe, Highgate
1646 Beechwood
St. Francis Apartments Downtown

Do you know anything about these places? Thanks.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:34 AM

7,072 posts, read 16,766,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enofile View Post
The real estate agent has emailed us this list to show us next week-end:
Crescent Center
800 Luxury
St. Francis Breckinridge, Pointe, Highgate
1646 Beechwood
St. Francis Apartments Downtown

Do you know anything about these places? Thanks.
Yes, The only ones worth looking at are Crescent Center and St Francis Apartments downtown from that list. You need to look at my other options instead. Also, get on craigslist. Like now.

If you want suburban apartments, try Waterford Place. It is well located in a suburban area minutes from a nice urban strip. Living any further out is pointless in a city this size. Still, you have failed to realize that "complexes" are not the way to live here. You are better off renting a small house/condo in a nice urban area from a smaller landlord. Try calling for rent signs and craigslist for that.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Default Thank you!

We have finally chosen an apartment in the Highlands on Bonnycastle called the Commodore. Thank you all for your help.

Phil G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area